Safety and Anxiety

That relatable moment when you are on face time with all of your extended family and proceed to ask your mom if she has any xanax left or if you need to break into your stash. And then not realize whats wrong because it your head you said zicam. Anyway now on the story.
Jaden's POV

Shit, why was i flirting with this kid. I didn't do relationships or friendships. The closest thing i had was Griffin and that was because we worked together. But this guy was so different from the guy at the house, this guy was confidant in his own skin, which i realized wasn't normal from Griffin's shocked face as he walked toward me to see my arms, not a pretty sight.

"hey, whats your name" i asked which seemed to snap him out of whatever state he was. 

"Im Anthony" he mumbled burying himself back into Griffin's side. Shit wait, was i flirting with Griffins boyfriend. That didn't make sense, no offense to either of them just Anthony wasn't Griffin's type. 

Griffin per usual guessed what I was thinking. "Jaden, this is my friend Anthony"

"Oh fuck" Anthony's outburst shocked both of us. When seeing we were both looking at him he turned pink again. "Grif, i gotta get home. My dads gonna be home early tonight" I look passed between them, one i didn't understand. 

Griffin grabbed Anthony's hand. "Do you want to stay with me tonight" he nods. I wondered what happened there.

"I call my dad, give me a few minutes" He walked back outside. And i walked down to griffin.

"Wanna explain what that was about, why was the preachers  son in here"

Maybe triggering, talking about abuse but not directly saying it

"Jaden, you didn't grow up here. You dont understand. He's the preachers son, the preacher who believes all his opinions are right and what god believes. He's been through a lot, I dont know why he was confident for those few seconds but i think its because he felt safe. He's never felt that at home, the pentagon you drew, the Preacher had to take his anger out on someone"

I gasp as the dots connected. I had caused that, i had caused him to get.... My thoughts stop as Anthony walks into the room. I was filled with guilt, for some reason Anthony didn't blame but that didn't mean i wouldn't blame myself. 

ITS OVER

"Im good to go, as long as im at church in the morning" Griffin nodded, and suddenly I had an idea.

"Hey, Anthony you have anxiety right"

"Yeah, i guess" he looked confused and it was adorable as hell. I think Griffin realized where i was going because he started giving me a warning look. But i was never one to obey rules.

"Wanna try a joint" his eyes widened.

 Griffin shook his head putting it in his hand. "Just one".

"Fine, dad" anthony teased. It was like he was two different people, one had been trapped on the inside for a long time and was finally coming out. I beckoned them with my hands and headed up stairs assuming they'd follow. We ended up in my room as i got out my supplies and started rolling. After getting three I climbed out the window and up onto the roof, since griffin would probably say no to hotboxing. Griffin climbed up after me, leaving Anthony.

"Come on bubs, it safe" what the fuck was i saying. Why the hell did i call him bubs, griffin gave me a questioning look but i shrugged him up. Once Anthony was up we each took one and i started playing a horror movie on my lap top, throwing blankets on everyone, per usual I was prepared although normally i was alone. 

"really a horror movie" Anthony glared at me while griffin just smirked, apparently i wasn't as smooth as i had hoped