Chapter one

Hey guys, just a recap here. Astrid's at the airport in Tucson, Hiccup just got to the school from his dad's house in Phoenix. I made it at the U of A because I live like, an hour away, and I really want to go there myself.
Love yous!                

    -leven-

Hiccup POV

I stood at the front gate of the University of Arizona. I couldn't believe how amazing this school was! I saw students everywhere. I headed in, I couldn't wait to see the inside. I soon joined the other freshmen in a tour of the place. It was huge! The football stadium was giant along with all the other athletic places. My favorite part was the engineering building, considering I now majored in mechanical engineering. I especially like the look of the student housing.

I headed to the small dorm building I was staying at, Toothless jumping up and down almost falling off the seat. I got there early and got a room small enough for just us. I put his little pet bed down and all his stuff, then got myself settled.

An hour later there was a knock at the door as I was trying to figure out how to get from one side of campus to middle in ten minutes. This place really was huge. The door opened to the student dorm manager,"Hey! You must be the new guy...um..."I guessed he forgot my name after just hearing it."I'm Hiccup... and this is Toothless. Don't worry I got a note saying he can be here."I told the guy."No need, this is a different kind of form anyway, so you can do what ever really. My name's Fishlegs, and this is my Gronckle, Meatlug."He smiled as a little rock like dragon walked in, and Toothless immediately started playing with Meatlug, it was really cute. Fishlegs and I kept talking and found we both loved studying dragons, specifically our dragons.

"So what type of dragon is Toothless, and why did you name him Toothless?"He asked. He was going to need my experiences to understand why I named my dragon Toothless."Oh, he's a Nightfury, and he..."I motioned Toothless to come over to us, and he gummed Fishlegs, then put his teeth in and out" has retractable teeth."He stared at me as I finished.

"You have the last Nightfury on Earth in your dorm room... Awesome! Oh no! I'm late, I have to pick someone up from the airport! I'll be back with her in an hour. See ya!"He smiled and left. Meatlug and Toothless resumed playing, and I got out the book of dragons.

Astrid POV

I got off the plane and walked easily through security. I got my bags and walked over to the sign that said 'Hofferson' my last name."Hi, I'm Fishlegs, the dorm manager of the one you'll be staying in."He smiled. I shook his hand and replied"Hi, I'm Astrid! I can't wait to see it we reach a huge place with a bunch of buildings and sporting areas. It was amazing! That was the school I'd be going to. Stormfly was still in her cat carrier, trying to get out.

"Stormfly, you'll hurt yourself."I told her. With a glance back, Fishlegs started to ask me what was in the cat carrier."Oh, my Deadly Natter, Stormfly,"I said cheerfully"She just as excited as I am."He just smiled."You know, you can let her out. I love dragons. I have a Gronckle myself."He seemed happy to meet another person with a dragon.

We reached the house about half an hour later, it was a pretty decent size place."Pick what ever room you want that isn't taken. You're allowed to have Stormfly here, but only here. The school board doesn't like dragons roaming around campus. Don't worry there is a backyard and other dragons."He was smiling so big his mouth was bigger then his face. I just shrugged and walked with Stormfly flying above our heads through the door. She must've smelled the other dragons Fishlegs mentioned.

When I walked in I saw two guys and a girl around my age chasing a Monstrous Nightmare and a Hideous Zipullback."Barf get back here!"the girl yelled."Belch you, too! I'm serious!"the guy that look exactly like the girl yell at the two headed dragon. The two must be twins."Hookfang, come back!"the other guy yelled. I stopped in front of their mischievous dragons, picking them both up and handing them to their owners."Here you go. Don't keep them enclosed very long, they get like this if you do."the guy with the Monstrous Nightmare smirked while staring."Earth to Snotlout, come in Snotlout."the girl said."Shut it Ruffnut!"the guy apparently named Snotlout (weird) spat."Don't even start Tuffnut!"He finished. Ruffnut and Tuffnut looked down in defeat. I started walking again when I hit something, more like someone. I the punch the guy as hard as possible. He was really actually kinda, maybe, a little cute. He had a tall thin build, stylishly messy auburn hair, and eyes that shone like emeralds. In my mind a punch that hard, one that would leave a bruise for weeks, meant I liked a guy. I'd never punched that hard before. This guy was my first real crush, like, ever!
College was getting off to a crazy start, and classes hadn't even started.