15: Hann

That time I didn't bother moping around my room or using my powers to destroy everything in sight. I had to accept what I couldn't change. And Jungkook's feelings were as immovable as a mountain. I could only give him time and hope he came around.

A soft knock pulled me from my thoughts. I dropped my fingernails from my mouth and turned around. Minnie gave me a soft smile.

"Is he gone?"

I nodded. "I didn't know anyone knew he was here."

"The others don't. But I stepped out back to see if you were okay and..."

"Oh god," I said, dropping my head in my hands with a groan. "That was you?"

Minnie giggled as she stepped in the room and put a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay. You've been so upset lately, I'm glad you have someone to make you happy." She sat down on the edge of my table and sighed. "Though I never expected to walk in on my friend doing that with Jeon Jungkook."

I looked up at her as I chewed my lip, debating what I could say to her and what I couldn't. She didn't give me the time to decide before she continued, though.

"I mean, you were with them for so long anyway, I guess it was bound to happen. And Jungkook is a gorgeous man."

"Wait," I said, holding up my hand to stop her. "What do you mean? How do you know where I was?"

Minnie's smile was almost apologetic. "Uh, about that. Soyeon asked me to bring you to her office. She has something she wants to discuss with you."

My chest constricted at the thought of having yet another uncomfortable conversation about my past with someone. Minnie stood and led the way out of the room, leaving no room for options. To my surprise, instead of going to the office in the front, she went to lock the front door and cut off the 'open' neon. Then, she turned and headed for the stairs. I had only ever been to Minnie's room upstairs. Going to Soyeon's main office felt intimate. Like I was being admitted into some dark underworld that I had only heard rumors of before. Even though I'd lived in that underworld with another group for nearly a year.

The upper levels of the building were less modern than the lower, but held much more character. Paper screens covered brick walls while woven mats warmed my bare feet over aged wooden floors. The lights were newer, but they were dimmed to give the space a less glaring feel. The rooms were warm and comfortable in their patina.

Minnie led me down a long hall to a room off the end. The rest of the girls were around a low table, most with blankets or pillows covering their crossed legs. I took an open space toward the end with Minnie sitting down beside me. As the other faces turned to look at me, I had the feeling I'd been caught skipping school or something and was being forced to talk about my actions with the head mistress. I looked down at the end where Soyeon sat with tented fingers and licked my lips, suddenly dry under the scrutiny of her gaze.

"So are you ready to drop the pretense of this fake name?"

Her voice was low, but not confrontational. She looked at me with a soft smirk on her lips that brought a twinkle to her eyes. I drew in a sharp breath, but let it out again, unsure of what to say. She gave me time to find my voice.

"How long have you known?" What I wanted to ask was how much do you know, but that would've been stupid and reckless.

"We figured it out not long after you started working here."

"This city is big, but it's not that big, Morgan," Soojin added. I hid my relief when she used that name instead of the other one. "We'd heard all the rumors about Bangtan and put it together. Since we're not idiots and all."