29: August D

I kept my head down and my mouth shut as I sat beside Jungkook at breakfast the next morning. I had barely slept after what happened between me and Jin and the lack of sleep showed on my face. Along with the evidence of our fight. Nobody questioned me about it, though, as they were all too wrapped up in everything we were trying to accomplish. I didn't even look up when Taehyung sat in front of me and asked for me to pass him the rice.

"Has anyone seen Jin this morning," he asked, dumping a large serving in his bowl. "We were supposed to go over some ideas I had for getting inside the AT3 compound."

"I haven't seen him," Namjoon said without looking away from his tablet.

"He said he was going to an appointment this morning," Yoongi answered as he reached over Joon to grab a couple pieces of seaweed.

"What kind of appointment," Taehyung asked, looking up. "He didn't mention anything to me. Is he sick?" Yoongi just shrugged. My heartbeat was ramping up with each question.

"You going to tell them what happened, or am I," Hoseok asked, plopping down in the seat beside me. He smiled at me, but it was more of a dare than a pleasantry. When I looked around at the guys, they were all staring back at me.

"What's on your face," Namjoon asked, narrowing his eyes.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook turned my face towards him and I could see the moment he realized what it was. I'd gotten up before him to try and cover it up with makeup, but I could tell I hadn't done a very good job. He leaned forward and whispered, "did I do that?"

I shook my head and jerked my head out of his grasp, looking back down at the food I wasn't eating. "Me and Jin got into a fight early this morning. I punched him in the nose." There were a few sharp intakes of breath. "After he slapped me in the face."

Namjoon jumped up, cocking his head and balling up his fists. His chair went skidding backwards before crashing onto the floor. "He did what?"

"Wait, he didn't tell me that part," Hoseok said, looking almost as angry as Namjoon. He grabbed my chin and turned my face to him so he could look at the bruise. He ran his thumb across the cut in my lip carefully, but I still flinched.

"What the fuck," Yoongi cursed.

"I'll kill him," Namjoon growled, pacing back and forth beside the table. "I'm going to fucking end him."

"There's no need for that," I tried. "I said some really mean things to him first and he just reacted. Like I said, I punched him pretty hard for it. Probably broke his nose. I'm not excusing what he did, but neither am I excusing my actions. We were both in the wrong."

"Don't feel sorry for what you did, Morgan. He deserved it. He deserved much more than that for what he did to you. Sending you away and forbidding you to come home..." Namjoon was running his finger across his lower lip, a hard edge in his eyes as he lost himself in his thoughts.

Hoseok was still looking at my face even though I'd turned away. "Did you take medicine for that?"

I nodded. I hated people fussing over me. "It should have already healed, but with all the stress of everything, my body is moving slower than usual. It should be fine by this evening."

"I'm going to fucking kill him," Namjoon muttered again.

"Namjoon, sit down and shut the fuck up," Yoongi snapped. "You're not going to kill Jin. Yeah, he fucked up, but this is between him and Morgan. She doesn't need you fighting her battles for her. She can obviously handle him herself. Now come eat your food before it gets cold."

Everyone stared at Yoongi for a second, but he just shrugged. I shot him a grateful look and he grinned in embarrassment, returning his attention to his own food as he muttered, "what? It had to be said."