30: Circle Room Talk

I narrowed my eyes at Jin. "For what? Busting my lip or leaving me alone and afraid in a world I don't remember?"

Jin started to rub his hands over his face, but winced when he touched his nose. Part of me felt a twinge of remorse, but the louder part of me hoped it hurt like hell.

"I'm sorry for all of it. You were right this morning. I was mad at myself for letting you replace Natalia in my mind. In my heart. We were the reason you got killed and we are the reason you are what you are today. It's our fault the whole world is after you and I just couldn't accept it. I was trying to run away, but I didn't realize it until this morning. After everything that happened with my family...I pushed you away to keep from feeling all that guilt. I was trying to protect my family, forgetting that you're a part of it now, too."

"And now that you have had this awakening, you expect me to just pretend like you didn't do anything to me? That it's all okay now because you feel bad?" I dropped my arms by my sides and closed the door, rolling my eyes. The whispering going on on the other side was distracting. "Like, I get it Jin. I do. And I'm sorry for breaking your nose. Kind of. But what you did to me was pretty fucked up."

"I know."

He looked at me with such sadness on his face, I couldn't stop myself from walking over to him. He dropped his face as I approached, looking at his fingers in his lap instead of me. I planted my feet on either side of his legs so I could get right up against him and take his face in my hands.

"This isn't me forgetting what you've done. This isn't me telling you it's all okay and we're back to the way we were before. This is me telling you that we both fucked up, but you fucked up more than I did and I'm still willing to forgive you for it because I love you and that's what you do when you love someone."

I leaned forward and pressed my lips against Jin's, being careful not to hit his nose. He closed his eyes and wrapped his hands around my hips, holding me tight but not pulling me any closer. I felt a couple tears fall from his eyes and hit my own cheeks. When I pulled back, I had to wipe them away.

"I love you, too, Morgan and I'll do whatever I have to to prove you can trust me again."

I sighed and stepped back, plopping down on the couch beside the desk where I'd been told only a few months ago to leave and never come back. "I'm not going to lie, Jin, it's going to take a lot."

"I know."

His voice was so low and lost, I almost didn't hear him. I sat there watching him for a few seconds, trying to think of what to say, when there was a loud bump on the wall. Jin turned to look, raising his eyebrow as he did. I rolled my eyes and stood facing the door.

With a tilt of my head, I picked up a stack of books from the case along the far wall and held them in the air with my powers.

"What are you doing," Jin asked. I turned around and gave him a wicked smile.

"Just having a little bit of fun." I winked just before my face twisted and I let out a little yelp. Jin's eyebrows wrinkled together in confusion as I threw my hand out to block the door. I hurled the books against the wall beside me.

"Jin! What the fuck? What is wrong with you?"

An evil look crossed Jin's features as he realized what I was doing. He pushed off the desk and stomped towards me, a question in his eyes. I nodded and grinned wider.

"You think you could just break my fucking nose and get away with it?"

I grabbed another stack of books and threw them at the door.