Chapter 4- Eden's Speech

Dani's POV
"Wake up, Dan! We gotta go drive down to Copper!", my oldest sister, Christina screams. I don't exactly know where I am, or what's Copper. Once I look around and see I'm in a hotel room, it all clicks. We are getting Eden back today! I spring out of bed, rush to the bathroom, and get ready in 10 minutes flat. "Jeez, Danielle. Speed demon.", Lauren teases. "Hey, I'm just really excited.", I defend. Lauren jabs back with, "Clearly."

We all pile into the 15 passenger rental van. I sit next to Christina, like I always do. I look up at her shaking, I'm so scared. "Babygirl, what's wrong?", Chris asks worried. She pulls me close and brushes my hair with her hand. I tear slips out of my eye as a respond with, "What if she doesn't love me anymore?" This has haunted me since we found her. A lot has changed since 2005, what if i'm not good enough anymore? "DanDan, she does love you, she wouldn't have reached out if she didn't love all of us. You're her little sister, and even though the last time you guys were together she was 5, she was always so protective of you. You were her little Bunny, you were her everything, and I'm sure that hasn't changed one bit.", Christina says to me. I thank her for the pep talk as I snuggle up closer to her. I've always felt safest in her and Eden's arms. I decide to take a nap for a bit. I shut my eyes, and drift of to sleep with Christina singing softly to me.

Lisa's POV
We arrive at Eden's school and I realize all of my siblings are sleeping. I hate what I'm about to do, but I have to. "WAKE UP RATS! WE'RE HERE!", I scream loudly. Everyone bolts up in shock, fear, and excitement. We pile out of the car and into the auditorium. Nervously, I grab a program and check the set list. The show apparently opens with a group number, then goes into the solos, duets, trios, and small groups. I notice Eden's solo is act 8, which is crazy based on the fact she's the 8th kid in our family, wedged right in between Lauren and Dani. I take a look at our surroundings in the auditorium, the whole first row is reserved for us. The lights dim and the whole family focuses their attention to the stage, obviously excited to see Edee again. A woman in a blouse and a pencil skirt walks out on stage.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Michelle Moore and I am the principal here at Copper School for the Preforming and Visual Arts. Our fifth grade class have been working so hard for this recital, and they are so excited to share their talents with you. Without further ado, CSPVA's fifth grade class of 2010!", the woman says enthusiastically. Suddenly, Halo by Beyoncé starts playing throughout the large auditorium. A spotlight shines on a girl as she sings the first verse. The light shifts to another girl, Eden.

It's like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breakin
It's a risk that I'm takin
I ain't never gonna shut you out

I sit there in awe. She has such a powerful, rich voice for 11 years old. I look over at Mom, she has tears glistening in her eyes. Christina looks so proud. Katherine is bawling, no surprise. Eden was her baby. Amy's jaw is practically on the floor, she's definitely shocked. Lauren is beaming, she was always so protective of Eden, even though they aren't even a year apart. And Dani, she's smiling, tears flowing freely down her cheeks. They boys don't seem as emotional. Michael and Alex are slightly teary-eyed. Christian is smiling, and Nick and Joey and just watching like normal spectators. Joey never met Eden, and Nick was only 17 months when she went missing, so they don't feel as proud as we do. They will as soon as we get to talk to her, I'm sure.
The song finishes, it was incredible. I've never heard so much talent from a bunch of 10 and 11 year olds before. We sit through the next 6 acts, and man, these kids can SING. "Our next student on stage is Eden Cimorelli, with a very special performance of 'Keep Holding On'. Eden would like to dedicate this song to her Mom, Dad, and 11 siblings, who never gave up on finding her." the MC announces. At this point we all have tears in our eyes. Edee walks on stage in a gorgeous, white bedazzled dress, she looks like a princess. She starts singing, and boy is it incredible

You're not alone
Together we stand
I'll be by your side
You know I'll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There's no place to go
You know I won't give in
No, I won't give in
Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you
I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
So far away
I wish you were here
Before it's too late
This could all disappear
Before the doors close
And it comes to an end
With you by my side, I will fight and defend
I'll fight and defend
Yeah, yeah
Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you
I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
Nothing's gonna change
Nothing's gonna change destiny
Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
La da da da
La da da da
La da da da da da da da da
Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you
I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
Keep holding on
Keep holding on
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through

When she finished, there wasn't a dry eye in the room, even Joey, who's only 5, was crying a bit. I remember she still has a speech left, so I listen intently for it.

"Hi, I'm Eden! Y'all most likely know me as Eden Rodrugiez, which is why you may be confused as to why I was announced as Eden Cimorelli. Well, on February 18th, 2005, I was taken from my home in NorCal. I ended up here, in Houston, with a piece of trash man named Lennon James, who is now serving life in prison. While I was with him, he drugged me, beat me, and worse. On my 9th birthday, I finally told my best friend, Nicole, everything. I was adopted by her mom just a month later, I was extremely grateful for that, but I wanted my family back. I still don't know why, but I couldn't remember much about my siblings. I had basically lost all hope when Nicole showed me my sisters' cover of Baby on YouTube. I didn't know who they were, even though they looked and sounded very familiar, until my sister, Christina, started singing. She used to sing me to sleep every night, and from hearing her voice, all of my memories came back to me. My family is actually here tonight and I want them to stand up for me"

I'm in shock, this is so much to take in. I almost forget to stand up until Dani says, "Lise, get up!" I look up at Eden and see she has tears in her eyes. She motions for us to sit down and she continues with the speech.

"I am reuniting with my family after the show, but it's a little more special for me than just a reunion. My youngest brother, Joey, was born the day after my abduction, meaning I've never met him. So yea, it's a big day for me. I'm sure y'all are getting antsy, so I'll get off now and let the next act on. Thank you"

I chuckle at her last sentence. Eden may be 11, but she's wise beyond her years. We watch the rest of the show terrified. We are reuniting with the sister we've missed for so long. I can't wait to hug her, hold her, talk to her. I can't wait to have my EdeeBear back.

A.N: i know i said the reunion would be in this chapter but it's getting long. the next chapter should be up by the end of today
<3 mik