Chapter 8: Welcome to Malibu

Eden's POV

I stare out the window, shaking. I'm moving to Malibu with people I barely know, yet know so well. California, especially SoCal, is very different from Texas. I like down to Earth people, not stuck up millionaires.

"E, are you okay? You're shaking.", Christina asks worried. "Yea. I'm fine, just nervous.", I respond. She grabs my hand, comforting me. I've missed being protected by her, Chrissy has always been my
role model. Dad screams, "We're here!", abruptly removing me from my thoughts. I stare at my new home, it's beautiful. The 14 of us pile into the house and the girls start giving me a tour. Luckily, they have only lived here for about 2 months, so it's new for everyone. "And finally, this will be your room. You'll get the top bunk and I'll take the bottom.", Christina says as we walk into a large bedroom. I unpack for a while when Dani screams. "Who wants to go to the beach." I absolutely love beaches, but in Houston the best one we have is Galveston, which is just straight up nasty. I change into my swimsuit and rush downstairs. Much to my surprise, most of the family is already waiting in the foyer. We all walk to the beach and set up our stuff. I'm playing in the water with Dani and Lisa when Joey comes up to me and asks, "What are those marks on your arms?" I panic and look at Lise, who is staring at Joey in shock. "They're my battlescars, I don't ever want to see them on you. Can you promise me Joe, everytime you see someone with battlescars, go give them a hug and tell them how awesome they are. ", I explain. He nods and goes off to build a sand castle with Christian and Nick.

"Sorry about Joey, he doesn't really have a filter.", Dani apologizes. "No, it's okay, it became a valuable learning moment that could save a life. Also, he's only 5, it's not like he would know not to ask.", I explain. We hang out at the beach until I see a familiar face staring at me. "Guys, we gotta go know!", I shout to the whole family. We all rush to the car and I break down in tears, my breathing heavy. I make sure everyone gets in the house safely and I put everyone in the great room. I fall into Kath's arms. I thought I could get away, but I guess I didn't.

"Eden, why did we have to go?", Amy asks carefully. "He was eyeing Joe, I couldn't let that happen. I never wanted to see him again.", I stutter, fearing for my life and the lives of my family. "Who was that?", Mom asks, very obviously concerned. I begin to panic, it's hard to say his name.

We sit there for a good 30 minutes, everyone trying so desperately to calm me down. I compose myself after many attempts, and of course, the question is brought up again, this time by Lauren. I take a deep breath and quickly say, "Lennon."

wow tea, lennon is back! sorry for the short chapter again, it's really just in place o get the plot moving. any way, dm's are always open and suggestions are welcome at anytime, just comment if you have an idea. <3 mik