Chapter 17- TEEN CHOICE

A.N.- trigger warning towards the end of the chapter, viewer discretion is advised.

Katherine's POV

"You're nominated for a Teen Choice Award!".

What!? A TCA already? This is truly a dream come true, I never thought a little band that Christina wanted to start would grow so much from one EP and some online covers.

I leave from my trance of thought to see the uproar caused by my sisters. Chris and Lisa are holding on to each other sobbing, Amy is on the floor passed out, and Lauren, Eden, and Dani are in a group hug squealing, all of which aren't surprising.

Everyone heads home and immediately starts preparing for the award show, which happens to be next week. I'm not quite sure why, but something feels off about the show. My gut is telling me no, but since it's the ripping Teen Choice Awards, I'm obviously going to go.

Us girls pick out dresses and gush over the celebrities we hope to see on the Red Carpet. For whatever reason, I can't shake the feeling of something bad happening at the show. We're still going, but I have a bad feeling about it. I'm sure we'll be fine, it's probably just anxiety.

*time skip to red carpet*

Dani's POV

THIS IS SO COOL!!! I have already seen Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato, The Jonas Brothers, and my husband, David Archuletta. We walk down the red carpet in our practiced formation, Christina, Katherine, and Lisa in the back row and Amy, Lauren, Eden, and me in the front. "Hey girls! I heard this is the first award you've been nominated for, are you excited?", Chelsea, the reporter from Hollywire, asks us. "Yes, oh my gosh. Not only is this our first nomination, it's also our first red carpet. I've already seen so many celebrities and I'm trying so hard not to fangirl right now.", I respond with a chuckle, making sure to use the speaking tactics I learned in Media Coaching.

As we finish up our interviews, I notice Katherine looks a little off. I'm sure it's nothing, so I ignore it and follow my sisters into the arena full of the biggest stars in the industry. We all take our seats near the front of the crowd and sit, smiling, as you never know when a camera could pan over to you. The show quickly passes on when our category, 'Choice Breakout Artist', is announced. I grab onto Eden and Lauren's hands, so scared for the results.

"And the winner for 'Choice Breakout Artist' is, Cimorelli!"

The crowd erupts into excitement and applauds, which soon turns into terrified screams and loud bangs. "Link arms and get backstage now!", Christina tells the clan of frightened sisters at her feet. We rush backstage, fear plastered on the faces of all of my sisters. That's when it dawns on me, we're in an active shooting. I thought this was a thing that would never happen, but it looks like I was wrong. Katherine quickly ushers us into our dressing room in which was supposed to be a place for us to hang out after the show.

We all sit in the bathroom, trembling, panicked. "Guys, I don't wanna die. Today was supposed to be happy.", I whisper, my voice breaking.

My sisters huddle around me, uttering soft condolences, knowing nothing can make this situation better. I close my eyes and say the deepest prayer, this can't be the end of my story.

A.N: this chapter is a heavier one, but i felt as if i needed to touch on it. as an american, i almost expected to be involved in a shooting at some time or another by the age of 10. my cousin was in a mall shooting on christmas 2018, and let me say that changed my life. it's never an if it's gonna happen to me, it's when. our country is so beyond messed up and i'm sick of it. enough ranting, i need to go to bed it's 11pm. stay safe bbs, dms always open. <3 mik