Chapter 18- PTSD

Christina's POV

It's been a week since the Teen Choice Awards, and needless to say, we're all shaken up. Lisa, Lauren, and Dani have been sleeping in Katherine, Amy, Eden, and I's room, we haven't posted anything, and haven't left the house.

We got very lucky, unfortunately, others didn't. 17 people died with 22 others injured. That seemed virtually impossible with so many security guards, but the shooters were a group of people, so the law enforcement that was there to keep us safe did nothing to help.

We're filming a video for Cimorelli today to explain everything. Due to the lack of reporters inside the event and the fact that most attendants haven't spoken out, most of the population has no idea what went down that day.

"Girls! Time to film!", I shout from the banister. A stampede of my 6 younger sisters follows the sound of my voice, knowing if they're late it's over.

We film our intro for what seems like hours until we finally get it right. I take a deep breath and begin exposing to the camera out current situation.

"So our story starts the day we found out we were nominated. It was just after a grueling trial for Eden, which we won't go into much detail about. We all were so excited, but Kath felt like something was off. She ignored it and didn't think about it until after that night. The award show was completely normal, that was until we got to our category. They announced we won and and everyone was cheering, until they weren't. I heard two loud bangs and screams, so I sprung into action. I told all my sisters to link arms and run to our green room. We hid inside there for about an hour until SWAT team members came and got us to safety. It's been a rough week, but we'll get through this together. We may have a bit of an irregular posting schedule for a bit as we cope with what happened, but it shouldn't be to drastic. We are gonna link Go Fund Me's in the description for victims and their families. Thanks for watching, we love the CimFam."

Everyone goes their separate ways around the house, well, except for Dani. She's been glued to my side since the TCA's, it's starting to worry me. Sure, we all are taking this pretty hard, but Dan seems to be the most affected. She can't be alone, she can't sleep through the night like the rest of us have learned to do, she hasn't gone in public, she freaks out over any sudden noise, it's like the Dani we know and love disappeared.

I decide to tell Mom what's been going on, to possibly get her some professional help.

"Hey Mom, I need to talk to you. It's Dani, she's been worrying me. Ever since the shooting, she can't sleep through the night, she can't be alone, any sudden noise makes her jump, she refuses to leave the house. I think she may need some help, not just from us.", I explain to my mother. Mom has felt pretty guilty since the award show. She didn't come with us and I think she regrets letting us go.

"Yea Chris, I totally agree, she's not okay. She's not even 10 yet, and this happens. I'll talk to her about it tonight and get her an appointment. Take care of her, she's practically barnacled on to you.", Mom chuckles.

I go to the living room to see Dani sitting wide eyed. "Chrissy! I thought you were gone forever!", my baby sister sobs. "Oh babygirl, I won't ever leave you, promise.", I reply.

Dani is watching TV, so I grab my phone and start googling the symptoms she holds. Almost immediately, I stumble across PTSD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Dan fits the mold perfectly, and has a great reason for it.

I realize there is no cure, only therapy and medications. Slumping, I let out a sigh. I let this happen to Dani, she would be fine if she didn't join the band. She would be fine if we didn't go. She would be fine if it weren't for me.

I say a silent prayer, hoping my baby sister, my other half, my practical child will be ok. But there's no guarantee.

A.N: hey guys it's mickey back with a trash update lol. i'm writing a lot more since school is out now some i'm trying to get Breyer chapters but i'm exhausted so that's not happening today. i hope y'all liked this chapter, don't forget to vote, it means a lot. i have a very special project coming up toward the end of the summer...stay tuned!!! stay safe bbs, dms always open <3 mik