Chapter 9: Lennon

Katherine's POV
"Lennon", Eden says in a barely audible whisper. I gasp. That man ruined my life, he took away my sister. He hurt E so much, she didn't deserve any of it. Just knowing that he's out there makes my blood boil. "We need to call the cops, he should be in prison.", Christina says, teary eyed.

Mom goes to call LAPD while the rest of the family sits in shock. I realize I need to step into action, no one else will. "Hey guys, I know this is scary, but we have to stay calm. We are gonna stick together, no one will be alone, we're safe.", I reassure. "Speaking of sticking together, where's Dani?", Lisa says calmly.

Crap, we let someone out of our sight already. We  check the whole house and I'm starting to lose hope when I hear a shriek, Amy. Everyone rushes to the root of the sound, trying to figure out the cause of the ruckus. I enter the bathroom only to see a tied up, bloody Dani, unconscious. The mirror has a chilling message 'This is only the beginning', written in a red, liquidy substance, which I can only assume came from my lifeless baby sister. As if on cue, the cops arrive and call for an ambulance. We are informed that Lennon was arrested and is being taken to a maximum security prison, which is often referred to as the modern day Alcatraz. I breathe a sigh of relief, that guy needs to be taken away, for good.

Dani is assessed by the paramedics and they conclude she's okay. Everyone decides to call it a night, so I head up to the room I share with Christina, Amy, and Eden. As I am drifting off to sleep, I hear soft sobs. Knowing what happened today, I walk over to Eden's bunk and climb in, wrapping my arms around her. "What's wrong Edee?", I ask soothingly. "It's my fault Dani got hurt. Everyone hates me", she wails. "Baby, it's not your fault, it's Lennon's. And surely, no one hates you, in fact it's the opposite. We need you Eden.", I reply, slightly shaken up by her words. I hold her close until her cries fade into soft snores, falling asleep with her in my arms.

A.N: sorry that this is so short i didn't have much inspiration and i felt like i need to put a chapter out lol. stay safe, dms always open. <3 mik