Chapter 7: Eden's Secret

A.N: i decided to skip the rest of the reunions, as it was getting repetitive. <3 mik

Katherine's POV
Everyone just finished talking to Eden when I realize we need to get her stuff and get back to the hotel. "Hey Eden, we should probably go get your stuff.", I say, acknowledging the whole family. We all pile into the van, Mom and Dad in the front seats, Christina, Dani, and Lauren in the second row, Christian, Nick and Joey in the third row, me, Alex, and Amy in the 4th row, and Michael, Lisa, and Eden in the back. Edee gives us directions to her house, I'm shocked when we arrive. The house is huge, it's beautiful too. "Dang! You live in a mansion!", Nick screams in excitement. "Yea, it's pretty big. This is the neighborhood that some of the Houston Rockets and Texans players live in, we might even see some.", Eden replies. The little boys light up, they love sports, and seeing a player from the NFL or NBA would be the highlight of their life.

We enter her room and stare in shock. It's huge, but mostly empty due to the fact everything is packed up. Everyone grabs a couple boxes and loads them into the trailer attachment we have on the van. Dad starts the car and begins our journey back to the hotel in Austin. The car is complete chaos, Eden seems to have forgotten what it was like.

We spend the next few days in Austin being your average tourists, visiting the capitol, going to Lake Austin, and exploring. Everyone is in their hotel rooms hanging out when a very terrified E approaches me. "Hey sweetie, what's wrong?", I ask her, curious. "Well, uhm, I'm scared that no one will love me. What if none of y'all want to share a room with me? What if you bail out Lennon and get him to take me because y'all hate me so much? What if I'm not good enough for this family? I have 6 famous sisters and I'm over here not even truly apart of this family, I mean I am by blood, but what if I'm too different that no one wants me?", Eden replies, choking up. "Oh, Edee. We love you so so so much, don't ever doubt that. You can share a room with me, Chris, and Amy. We would never bail Lennon out, he deserves to be where he his, and you are most definitely good enough for this family. We need you Eden, don't ever doubt that." I say to her, trying not to cry. "I- I need to show you something. Please don't get mad." Eden tells me, not making eye contact.
*a.n: TW*
She grabs the sleeves of her sweater and shows me her arms, which, to my surprise are riddled with scars and scabs. I pull her close and she breaks down. She just turned 11, it hurts me so much that she has been through so much. I ask her if I can tell the girls and she says yes, so I text the girls with a phone and get them in the room. Eden fell asleep in my arms, so I figured this would be a good time to tell the girls. I realize Dani and Lauren may be confused, but they deserve to know.

The girls all enter the room at the same time and immediately grow concerned seeing my tear stained face and a sleeping Eden in my arms. They all sit down and I explain everything to me. Eden's worries about moving , her being scared we won't love her, and then I pause. I still haven't had enough time to fully process what Edee told me, but I have to let the girls know. "Well, after me and Eden talked, she told me she had to show me something, don't worry, I have permission to tell you this. Sh-she cuts. There was so many scars and quite a few fresh ones, too. I can't even imagine what she's going through, the poor girl is 11 after all.", I say softly, trying not to wake Eden up. My sisters all have tears streaming down their faces, even Dan and Laur, who I didn't think would understand the gravity of the subject. We pray for E and decide to all sleep in the same room tonight. I fall asleep, hoping with all my being that I can help my baby sister who's hurting more than any 11 year old should.

A.N: sorry for the short chapter, it seemed to have a good ending point, i'm gonna tru to post another chapter today
<3 mik (dm's are always open)