7. Secret Relationship

Thorfinn POV:

Canute was in the palace kitchen, with Thorfinn. They were both alone, since Canute ordered the staff to leave. Canute was still keeping his cooking hobby a secret from the others. He decided today was a good day to cook something for Thorfinn, since he had no errands to attend to for the day.

Thorfinn sat on top of the wooden round table, his legs crossed as he watched Canute stir the pot of soup. Thorfinn had his usual leather garments on, but he rolled his sleeves up to his elbows, just the way Canute liked it. Canute was wearing royal blue garments, and his hair was tied back just the way Thorfinn liked it. Canute hummed softly as he sprinkled salt and pepper into the soup.

As Thorfinn stared intently at the prince, his heart flooded with happiness. It had been a while since Thorfinn had felt genuine happiness, and it always came from Canute. Thorfinn rubbed his neck as his cheeks started to flush. Just the thought of what happened yesterday was enough to make his heart lose control and turn his face red. Last night, he got no sleep at all. Usually, Thorfinn gets at least two hours of sleep at night, but this time he got none. So when he woke up, the bags under his eyes were darker than usual. Thorfinn started to get self conscious as he suddenly remembered how smooth Canute's face was, and how he had no dark circles. So, he immediately rubbed his face and hair with water. It only worked a bit.

Thorfinn jumped off the table and walked towards the stove where Canute was standing. He came from behind and gave Canute a hug, with his arms wrapped around his torso and his chin resting on his shoulder. Although, in order to reach Canute's shoulder, Thorfinn had to stand on the tips of his toes.

Canute glanced at Thorfinn and laughed. "Oh! Be careful. Anyone could enter at any moment." Canute stated, while stirring the pot.

"Oh, so this is a secret?" Thorfinn questioned smugly. His chin was still resting on Canute's shoulder, and Thorfinn embraced the warmth, never wanting to let go.

"It would be better that way, don't you think?" Canute replied, sighing. Thorfinn nodded, fully agreeing. "When we're with others, such as Askeladd and Thorkell, act as we normally do."

Thorfinn looked at the boy, confused. "Huh? How do we normally act?"

"Well... we're always arguing, and we act like we hate each other. And you're always teasing me." Canute answered, chuckling.

Thorfinn laughed, taking in Canute's face. His beautiful blue eyes shined and his rosy pink lips curled into a pretty smile. Thorfinn couldn't resist it anymore. He wrapped his arms around Canute's neck, and pulled him to his side. He placed his calloused palms on Canute's baby soft face. Then, he pressed hard against his lips, indulging himself in Canute's beautiful face.

Canute was taken aback by the sudden kiss, but after a moment he smiled as they continued kissing. He dropped his wooden spoon into the pot, and placed his hands on Thorfinn's leather tunic. Thorfinn kissed all around Canute's face, and then down to the side of his pale neck. There, he tugged on the skin lightly, leaving a small pink mark. Canute stifled a moan, not wanting to be heard by the palace guards standing on the other side of the door.

Canute pulled back for a moment, wanting to say something. Thorfinn looked at his adorable blushing face, desperately wanting more of Canute. Thorfinn held himself back, allowing Canute to speak. "Thorfinn, we don't normally act like this in front of others, so don't kiss me when you please."

Thorfinn sighed and nodded his head, pouting his lips. "However," Canute continued, lifting Thorfinn's chin up with his hands. He gave the boy a soft smile. "You can kiss me as much as you wish, when we're completely alone."

Thorfinn grinned, his pearl white teeth gleaming. "Fine. You can continue cooking but at least let me hug you, princess." Canute laughed and nodded as Thorfinn placed his head on Canute's shoulder. It was a perfect fit; as if Canute's shoulder was built for Thorfinn's head. He wrapped his arms around Canute, snuggling him. Canute continued cooking while humming as Thorfinn played with the prince's robes and twirled his hair.