17. The Love Of My Life

***smut warning***

Thorfinn POV:

Thorfinn quickly got used to his new life. It had been a couple of months since Canute had been crowned King of Denmark, and Thorfinn was living his best life. New luxuries and more adventures were available to Canute now that he was King, which Thorfinn was included to indulge himself in. Thorfinn would stand by Canute during all the boring negotiations, he would chomp merrily next to Canute during the grand feasts, and he was given permission to train with some of the best warriors.

Not many people knew of the King's relationship yet, only those closest to them knew the details. Thorfinn intended to keep it that way, however he knew certain circumstances would result in their news to be shared throughout the kingdom. He wondered how the people would react when they find out their King is in love with a boy, who was not even a royal. At first, Thorfinn minded, however upon more thought, he realized that he would gain more than he would lose. He would gladly tell the whole world he loves Canute so they can live together, forever.

That was his plan for today anyway. Thorfinn crossed his fingers, hoping things would work out. He anxiously paced back and forth, in front of the door that led to the throne room. Canute was inside, talking with some lords and nobles from other countries. Thorfinn waited for Canute to step out of the room, so he could talk to his boyfriend.

Today was officially their one year anniversary since they first started dating. Thorfinn was planning to ask Canute out on a date, but that wasn't the only thing he was going to be asking him to do.

As he impatiently waited, Thorkell, who was wandering the halls aimlessly prior, approached the boy with a jeering grin plastered on his face. "What are you doing, stalker?" Thorkell joked, a big stupid smile on his face.

Thorfinn scowled, his eyebrows furrowed. "I am not stalking anyone." He muttered, crossing his arms and looking down at his feet.

"Ha! So you're stalking King Canute!" Thorkell scoffed, getting that idea from seemingly nowhere, according to Thorfinn.

Thorfinn gave the man a look that told him he is an idiot. "I am waiting for King Canute." He remarked, his brown eyes glaring at the burly man in front of him.

Thorkell clicked his tongue, and gave him a teasing wink. "To do what..?" He asked, a smug smirk appearing on his face.

Before Thorfinn could respond angrily, the heavy doors behind him creaked open. He excitedly turned around and his eyes landed on Canute. Thorfinn totally ignored the man beside Canute, Askeladd. He shoved past him and abruptly grabbed Canute's hands. "How did it go?" Thorfinn asked, an elated grin spreading across his face.

Canute laughed at Thorfinn's expression and nodded his head. "It went extremely well." Canute responded, referring to the boring negotiations he was always in. "Why were you waiting for me here? I told you that you could go outside-"

"Never mind that!" Thorfinn interrupted, exclaiming as he tugged Canute's wrists. "Follow me." He said, not giving Canute a choice and dragging him across the hall.

"Where are you taking me?" Canute asked, laughing as he trailed behind the ecstatic Thorfinn. Thorfinn didn't respond, he just glanced over his shoulder and grinned. Soon, they arrived at Thorfinn's bedchambers, and Canute instantly knew Thorfinn's motive. "Oh..." Canute said, smirking and leaning against the door. "I see..."

Thorfinn grinned at his King, and slowly unbuttoned his brown tunic. "It's our one year anniversary, you know." Thorfinn commented, biting his lip seductively.

Canute blushed profusely as Thorfinn stripped in front of him. "I-I know..." He said, his heart beating rapidly against his chest.

Thorfinn walked closer towards Canute and pressed his naked body against his. "I want today to be special." He whispered in his ear, his breath stinging Canute's neck. Thorfinn placed his cold hands on Canute's red hot cheeks, and smirked at him. "So let's go on a special date." He muttered, licking Canute's soft pink lips.