12. Distractions

Thorfinn POV:

The prince was sitting at his desk in his bedchambers, signing scrolls with a quill and ink. Thorfinn was across the room from him, sitting on a wooden chair next to the window. Thorfinn sat slumped in his chair, and his legs crossed over the other. He sighed as he twirled his short swords in his hands, watching Canute do his work. Being royalty must be incredibly boring. Thorfinn thought to himself, as he impatiently tapped his feet against the floor. 

Thorfinn sighed louder this time, hoping to grab the attention of the prince. Canute didn't look back, he just continued shuffling through papers. Thorfinn rolled his eyes, as he stared at the back of Canute's head. His golden hair was flowing past his shoulders, and he wore royal red garments. Canute was sitting upright and was acting very serious about his work. There was a small candle burning beside him, providing him light on this relatively dark and quiet evening.

There was nothing for Thorfinn to do, except stand by and protect Canute in case anything came up. Askeladd was acting as if someone would walk in Canute's bed chambers and attempt to assassinate him. A real man kills honorably on the battlefield. Thorfinn thought to himself, sighing. The bored Thorfinn groaned even louder, wanting to at least talk to Canute.

"You know I can't concentrate if you're making those noises." Canute remarked, looking behind him to face Thorfinn.

Thorfinn pouted and furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm bored." He muttered as he spread his arms and rested them on the chair sides. He dangled his short legs and swung them back and forth, wanting something to do.

Canute giggled and shook his head, returning to his work of signing the scrolls with ink. Thorfinn blushed at how adorable Canute is. Sometimes the prince could be so serious, and other times he was an adorable child. Thorfinn sighed, his heart fluttered just thinking about it.

Then, Thorfinn straightened his back and stood up, walking quietly towards Canute. As he approached him from behind, Thorfinn wrapped his arms around the prince, and hugged him tightly. "Ah! Thorfinn!" Canute exclaimed, dropping his quill pen. They both laughed, rosy blush forming on both of their cheeks. "Stop distracting me!" Canute said, grinning as Thorfinn planted a sloppy kiss on his cheek.

"No! You don't have to do your work, okay? Just leave it." Thorfinn replied, shaking his head and rubbing his cheek affectionately against Canute's soft hair.

Canute shook his head and chuckled at Thorfinn. "I can't, Thorfinn. Get back to your seat and let me focus on my work."

Thorfinn wrapped his arms around Canute more tightly, and shook his head again. "Do it tomorrow, princess." Thorfinn whined. "Pay attention to me now!" He exclaimed, like a stubborn toddler.

Canute turned around and engaged in a quick kiss on the lips with Thorfinn. He rested his warm palms on Thorfinn's cheeks, and bit his upper lip. "There. Now, let me finish my work." Canute whispered, blush forming on his cheeks.

Thorfinn grinned and shook his head. "You'll have to do more then that to get me to leave you." Thorfinn murmured, smirking as he leaned in for another kiss. Canute pushed him away and shook his head.

"Stop it! You're going to get me carried away." He explained, turning back around and continued reading a scroll. Thorfinn swung his legs over Canute's chair and sat with his chest against the prince's back. He placed his chin on Canute's shoulder and watched him as he worked. "Fine. You can do that but you must stay quiet."

"Yes, princess." Thorfinn muttered, staring up at Canute's face and watching him as he worked. Thorfinn started to get bored again as there was silence between them, but at least he had Canute in his arms. After a few minutes flew by, Thorfinn leaned towards Canute's ear. "You know, there's better things you could be doing right now, rather than signing documents." Thorfinn muttered, seductively. His nose was pressed against Canute's cheek, and he could feel his face get warm.

"No, Thorfinn. We're not having sex right now." Canute replied, as nonchalantly as he could muster. "My men can walk in at any minute to receive these documents."

Thorfinn sighed. He rested his head on Canute's shoulder once again, and watched as he signed paper after paper after paper. Feeling bored and frustrated again, Thorfinn lifted his head, and gently pulled down Canute's red collar that was lined with golden fabric. He grazed his fingers over Canute's exposed neck, and placed his lips on the prince's soft skin. Thorfinn lightly tugged at his skin, and kissed him. Canute squirmed, trying to suppress a moan. "Stop squirming, princess." Thorfinn murmured, aggressively.

"Thorfinn! What did I say about distracting me?" Canute squeaked as his entire face reddened.

"What? Am I not allowed to kiss my boyfriend?" Thorfinn replied, his voice low and seductive.

Canute blushed. "Not now..." Canute murmured, as Thorfinn pressed his tongue against the hickey he gave Canute moments ago. Canute was trying his best to resist and not give in, but that proved to be difficult with Thorfinn.

Thorfinn released himself from Canute and stood up. Canute looked up at him, his blue eyes wide with confusion, and his pink lips parted like a kitten's. "Go ahead. Finish your work." Thorfinn explained, giving Canute a teasing smile. Canute bit his lips and blushed, not wanting to say that he wanted more out loud. He looked down at his papers, and was conflicted as to what he should do.

Thorfinn walked around the room, a grin plastered on his face. He wandered around, his back facing Canute, while flipping his short sword in his hand. He stared out the window, and watched as the men on the ground below dueled.

Suddenly, Thorfinn felt someone's arms hug him from behind. Thorfinn turned around and saw that it was Canute. A huge smirk spread across Canute's face and he said, "So you finally-" Canute suddenly interrupted Thorfinn, by firmly placing his warm hands on Thorfinn's cheek and pulling him in for a long and passionate kiss. After moments of fighting each other's tongues, they parted and a string of saliva attached the two. Thorfinn gave Canute a genuine smile, his eyes sparkling. Canute returned the smile, his face red and his eyes bright.

Canute POV:

Once Canute finally finished his work, he and Thorfinn went outside and walked around the palace. It was a chilly evening, and the sky was purple and pink. He and Thorfinn walked through the palace gardens, both of their favorite places to hang out together alone. As they walked through the garden, laughing and talking, Canute stepped closer to Thorfinn. Thorfinn was staring up at the pink clouds, judging what shape they could be.

"That one looks like a sword to me." Thorfinn remarked, pointing up at the cloud directly above their heads.

Canute looked up and laughed. "How typical of you. That looks nothing like a sword." Canute replied leaning towards Thorfinn, slightly nervous.

Thorfinn shook his head. "No way. That is definitely a sword."

"It looks a tree to me." Canute said, smiling up at the sky. As Thorfinn proceeded to explain why that cloud was clearly shaped as a sword and not a tree, Canute shyly brushed his fingers over Thorfinn's. Thorfinn glanced at him as they clasped hands, and they both smiled at each other.

Canute held onto Thorfinn's strong hands as they continued walking through the serene garden. "Thorfinn... I would like to ask you something." Canute said, as they passed by romantic flowers and flirty rivers. Thorfinn nodded his head, and waited for Canute to continue. Canute took a deep breath, attempting to ease his nerves. He gripped Thorfinn's hands a little tighter, as his heart fluttered in his chest. "I would like to go on a date with you. An official date, somewhere romantic." He quickly spurted out. Canute blushed and looked at his feet, slightly embarrassed.

Thorfinn chuckled, the setting sun reflecting the light in his eyes. "Of course, princess. I'd do anything for you and go anywhere with you." Canute looked up and smiled at Thorfinn, his face sparkling.

"I love you, Thorfinn." Canute said, his cheeks tinted with a rosy pink shade.

"I love you more." Thorfinn replied, grinning. "More than the clouds above us." He finished, laughing with Canute.