Chapter 1: what happened next.

A preteen with black hair and blond roots sat with a book in front of him. He wore a white button-up shirt with a reddish-black vest and a pair of black slacks. He sat on one of those uncomfortable school bus seats with a girl next to him.

A lovely girl of Native American (most likely Cherokee) descent, with chocolate-brown hair that was cut choppy and unevenly, and had thin strands braided down on the sides. Her eyes seemed to change color like a kaleidoscope, going from brown to blue to green, and she was dressed in a fleece snowboarding jacket, faded jeans, and hiking boots. Though she wore no makeup, and she had facial imperfections (such as pimples, namely one at the base of her nose, which had been there for some time), she was still so beautiful that she drew attention even when trying not to do so.

In front of them was a boy who looks like an "a Latino Santa's elf," with curly black hair, dark brown eyes, pointy ears, a cheerful, elf-like face, generally with a naughty and devilish smile on his face, and a diminutive stature with a slim and relatively scrawny build.

The girl turned to the first boy.

"Percy, when are you gonna put that book down?" She asked the now named Percy.

"Never," the boy responded.

If the name Percy sounded familiar, that is because this is the very same child from the chapter before but older. This Percy had the freedom he wanted at a young age We last saw him. He was reading the book he had initially found at the library as well.

So you know that his plan had worked. But what was the plan in the first place, and what happened between then and now? That was simple.

📚📚📚
The six-year-old  Percy Jackson had just got home. He avoided his stepfather surprisingly easily.

The young boy searched his room for any money. He found about $10 worth of cash.

That wasn't nearly enough. He decided that he needed to work.

The next day he went up to Ms. Tyler before school started.

"Ms. Tyler, I was wondering if I could help around the library for a bit of money." He told the librarian. She looked a bit confused.

"Why?" She asked.

"My mother wants me to learn responsibility." He lied easily. No one knew the truth, and he planned on keeping it that way.

"Oh?"

"Yes. This was the best thing I could think of."

After a few minutes of talking, Ms. Tyler agreed and had him start that very day. He was paid 5 dollars an hour and was paid at the end of the week. The first time he got paid, he went home, and his stepfather took it all. The next week he went to the bank on his way home.

He paid some guy a few bucks to pretend to be his parental guardian so that he could make an account. He then told the people at the bank that he would come back without his 'parent' from time to time on his way home from school. They surprisingly agreed to this and gave him a debit card, which he immediately hid from his stepfather.

He would keep this up for the next few months. Every week he would be paid and would stop by the bank to make the deposit. For all the bad grades he gets, Percy sure was smart.

When he had enough money, he had another guy pretend to be his parent as he went to buy a standard switchblade from the local army surplus store. He pretended to be an excited kid who just joined the Boy Scouts to get such a blade. Now it was time for part three.

The next day he let the bank know that he was leaving on a trip across America for a few years so that his card wouldn't be canceled. He then went home and waited for nightfall.

As his stepfather slept, he packed. Once he had a bag full of his belongings, including the book that he convinced the library to give him, he made his way to the kitchen. He grabbed rations and water. Unfortunately, he knocked over one of the empty beer bottles. His abuser, did I forget to mention his stepfather mentally and physically abused him? Oops. Anyway, his abuser found him and began his attack. A belt whipped Percy across the face leaving a small cut just below his left eye.

Percy quickly took out his knife and stabbed the man in the liver. He twisted the blade before taking it out and running out the front doors. Freedom was his at last.

He went to the only place he could.

Ms. Tyler opened her door tired to all heck and back. She looked down to find her favorite child from the school she worked at.

"Percy, what are you doing here so late?" She asked him.

"I-I need help." He stuttered. "Can I come in?"

She moved to let him in. He did. He sat down on her leather chair as she went to make some tea. When she came back and put it down, she got a good look at the lad.

He had on his backpack, his clothes a mess, and bags under his eyes. She noticed a small wound underneath his eye and got the first aid kit.

She disinfected the wound before putting a bandaid on it.

"What happened to you?" She asked with her accent coming on thickly.

"I ran away from home. I needed to know if you knew of any place I could stay." He told her. She asked why, and he explained his story. She sighed to herself.

"Percy..."

"I'm sorry, Ms. Tyler, but I had too! What other choice did I have?"

"I know. It's time like these I was still with the doctor..." she mumbled.

"Who's the Doctor?"

"No one important. Now. Head to Boston, and I'll see if a friend of mine can help."

He nodded and thanked her. He left quickly before she could do much else.

He never made it to Boston. For the goddess of wisdom had been looking out for him. He was then taken to the home of the gods until the present time.

Words: 1063
I felt bad you got a lot of short chapters. So I hope this makes up for it. Remember this chapter needs to get 20 votes to get the Easter egg+ book (look at other son of books for more information) I really need a better name for it then Easter eggs+. Son of writers edition? No. That doesn't sound right. If anyone has a better title please tell me.