Chapter 9: Exam Day

Three hours. The Latin exam took three bloody hours to finish. Percy had finished at the 2-hour mark, and Piper finished about 17 minutes later, making Leo the only one of their group still testing. He could feel his ADHD acting up after the first hour. So you can bet that he ran out of there as soon as he was finished. Outside the classroom sat Percy and Piper.

Piper was doodling, and Percy was looking at a business card with cursive writing. He put it away as he looked at Leo.

"Hey. How was the exam?" Percy asked.

"Torture. If I never hear a thing about the gods, it will be too soon." He groaned. Percy stood before helping Piper up.

"I heard the cafeteria is giving out free snacks to those who finished their exams." Percy smiled

"You had me at free snacks. Let's go!" Leo ran to the cafeteria with a big smile.

"You do realize that the teachers will kill us for unleashing a high sugar Leo," Piper spoke.

"Oh, I know. But that's their problem. They did set this up." Percy smirked as he walked after Leo. Piper chuckled before following.

📚📚📚

The group of three sat there. Leo was munching on some candy, Piper messing with her hair and Percy deep in thought.

"Skittle for your thoughts?" Leo held out a red skittle to Percy, who chuckled before taking it.

"This might be the last time we see each other." Percy's mind went to the conversation he had with Coach Hedge the night before.

"Oh. Right." Piper sighed.

"This school was pretty shitty anyway." Leo joked.

"Well, I might know a place we can hang out for a day or two if y'all want. But we will need to take a bus." Percy suggested

"Where is it?" Asked Piper

"A cabin on Montauk beach."

"Sounds cool! I'm in," Leo smiled.

"My dad is still busy working on that movie, so we might as well." Piper smiled.

"Great. We can head out on Friday."

Words: 339
Ok, you can't say I did nothing for y'all because chapter 12 of Son of Hera was like ten pages!

Anyway, my birthday is tomorrow! Yay! This means this week's guidebook chapter is preset with answers to your questions. So you have the rest of today and most of tomorrow.

-Red