Chapter 8: aftermath

Piper felt like she was going insane. She knew Leo felt the same, but she couldn't tell with Percy. He acted confused, but he still had this aura of calm around him. She had this feeling Percy knew more than he was letting on.

But it's not like it mattered anyway. They wouldn't see each other again. They had been expelled. At first, it was just Piper and Leo who were getting expelled until Percy had pulled an elaborate domineering effect prank. When asked why he said, 'if one of us goes down, then we all go down.'

She sighed. In the month that had past, she tried to drop their pre-algebra teacher's name at random to see if this was just a long term prank or if they had been gaslighting her and her friends. Nothing took.

Dodd had been replaced with a perky blonde who looked like they could possibly be related to Percy. Maybe a cousin or something like that. The blonde had the same eyes as him, but his were far colder.

Piper sat on her bed with Leo sitting at her desk. They were trying to study for the Latin exam the very next day. Percy was supposed to be there but was held back by something.

After staring at the same page, the same paragraph, the same sentence, the same word for the past half hour, her frustration boiled over, and she threw the book before falling back on the bed with a groan. Leo looked up at Piper and closed his book.

"I won't tell Percy that happened as long as you don't tell him about the 'Tom Sawyer' paper." He joked at her. She glared at him. "Right not in the mood for jokes got it."

"Why is this so damn confusing?!" She all but yelled.

"Why don't we go and ask the coach for help?"

"I guess." She sighed and grabbed the book.

"Wonderful!" He stood up. "And if not, we can just bug Percy before the test. Or at breakfast."

This time Piper smiled at Leo's joke with an eye roll. They stood up and left the dorm room with their books.

📚📚📚

Leo would love to say he didn't listen in on people, but in times like these, he felt like he had no choice.

They had walked to coach Hedge's classroom. They heard voices coming from inside. One was Hedge, and the other belonged to Percy.

"-ey are in danger! You know it. I know it. We both know this! So why aren't you doing anything about it!" Percy said with frustration.

"There is nothing I can do." Was the response.

'What were they talking about?' Leo couldn't help but think.

"Bullshit! You could take them to that camp!" What camp?

"I will not take away their floating years of normality because some son of Athena told me to, cupcake."

"Son of Athena?" Piper whispered. Leo was just as confused as her.

"A kindly one came after Leo and Piper, my friends. If she found them, then it is only a matter of time before others find out about them as well!" Percy sounded angry.

They tried to listen, but the book Piper held fell with a loud thud. Leo, being the troublemaker he is, grabbed the book and Piper before shoving them into the room across the hall. Two shadows became visible. One he thought to be Hedge had what looked like horns.

"My senses have been odd since the solstice." Said Hedge.

"Even more reason to send them to camp as soon as possible," Percy spoke.

"Look, this conversation is over. Now go to bed. You have exams tomorrow." A groan followed.

"I suddenly miss being in charge of my studies."

They heard footsteps walking away. After a minute or two, Leo spoke.

"What the hell did we just hear?" He asked Piper.

"I don't know, but Percy knows a lot more than he is letting on." She sounded hurt. And Leo knew precisely why.

"Cmon, let's head back to your room. Maybe we can get some help from our friend Batman." He used the nickname for Percy with a joking tone. Piper smiled.

"Yeah."

When they got back, Percy looked like he had been there all night. They studied a bit more before the boys went back to their dorm for the night.

Words: 728

Ok, so I might be behind schedule next week. I posted the reason why on my page. Please look so you won't be asking me why chapters are coming out late.

Just a reminder but comment anything you want to know about me, and I'll answer the most asked or those that stick out the most on the 29.

Anyway, these are your choices for this weeks guidebook chapter:

1. James Cantu
2. Doctor who references
3. Chaos's and Order's powers
4. Robot

As always, choose wisely.

-Red