Chapter 11: Great Way to Learn

Percy could not stay still. His eyes were continually darting from the road to the rearview mirror.

"Can't you go faster?" he asked Hedge, who glared at the boy.

"This is as fast as it gets." the coach told him.

"So wait," Leo started, "our teacher is part donkey from the waist down?"

Coach Hedge let out a bleat and turned around in his seat, trying to get to Leo. Percy grabbed the wheel and the back of Hedge's shirt.

"Goat! He's half goat!" Percy said. "Be careful, Leo. Some satyrs will trample you for that."

The satyr eventually turned back around, grumbling.

"Wait, satyrs! Like from school?" Piper asked.

"Yeah." Percy looked through the rearview mirror only to see a figure in the distance. "Hegde, hurry the fuck up!"

"Cool it, Jackson. I told you it doesn't go faster."

A tree barely missed the car, Leo and Piper's eyes widened.

"Holy shit! That could have killed us!" Leo exclaimed.

"That's the point." Coach Hedge muttered to himself, but the three heard him. Percy glared.

"What!? Why would someone try to kill us!?" Piper's voice was filled with worry.

"Oh, you know... an army of hungry monsters." Percy knew Hedge was very much bitter about the donkey comment but come on, man. This is no way to learn about being a demigod.

"Army of monsters!"

"Leo, calm down. There is a reason we have a satyr." Percy told him.

Percy must have pissed off the gods because not even five seconds later, the care exploded.

📚📚📚

Ok, so the car didn't explode. Percy exaggerated that bit, but it was struck by lightning.

Percy tried to open the door but was stopped by the mud. He heard groaning in the back seat.

"Jeez, and I thought school was painful." whelp, at least they knew Leo was ok. Piper and Percy groaned.

"Not the time Leo."

"Whatever you say, Beauty Queen." Piper must have been too tired to smack Leo for calling her that.

Hedge groaned as the rain came through the broken window, letting out a curse or two. Percy could tell he was somewhere between being awake and asleep.

"Can anyone get out?" Percy turned to them. Piper shook her head. Leo, on the other hand, was able to get his door open after a bit, a bit of smoke rising from the boy's hand. Percy did his best to get the satyr out of the car. He looked up at the hill and saw the pine tree his adopted mother told him about.

"Where to now?" Leo asked, struggling a bit to keep the coach up, even with Piper's help. Percy pointed to the tree on top of the steep hill.

"We get up there, and we are home free," he said.

They quickly made their way up with Percy, able to save some clothes from the wreckage.

"Why is this hill so steep!?" Leo groaned. "So inefficient."

"Leo, we are almost there," Piper told him. However, it was hard to tell, though, with the rain in her eyes.

A roar came from behind them. Leo and Percy looked to see a half man half bull sniffing the car before throwing it. This time the vehicle did explode.

"Is that the mino-" Leo never got to finish.

"Paiphae's son? Yes, yes, it is." Percy looked at them. "Rule #1: names have power. Rule #2 monsters have bad senses of sight and hearing, but wonderful smell."

Words: 575
I had to make a resume and portfolio for production, for those who don't know, think of it like varsity theatre (both tech and acting), and had a conference with the director today. He liked it, thank god, and even told me about some things that I can use to practice sound editing at home.

Now because last week was all over the place, I've decided to extend your time to choose the guidebook chapter.

these are your choices for this weeks guidebook chapter:

1. James Cantu
2. Doctor who references
3. Chaos's and Order's powers
4. Only a little

As always, choose wisely.

-Red