Chapter 12: A Night Of Dumb Ideas

Percy knew that at this rate, the monster would catch up to them before they reached the barrier. He turned to look at the beast with a frown. He stopped moving and gets a bold look. A few seconds later, Piper turns to him.

"What are you doing, Percy?" she called to him.

"I'll buy us time! Just keep going!" he calls out.

Piper paused, but Leo tugged at her arm.

"Hedge is out, we get him to safety, and we can come back for him," Leo told her.

She nodded as she continues to help drag Hedge up the hill. She looks at Percy one more time. He looked calm as he stared at the monster, rain pouring down around them.

To say that Percy was calm would be saying the weather in Houston during the summer wasn't the tiniest bit humid. His heart hammered in his chest. His mind was going wild as the Minotaur stared at him. He had heard the story of it. Listened to the story of its birth, the story of the labyrinth, and how Theseus had killed him.

"You look scarier in person than I thought," Percy told it.

"MOOO!" It responded to him. He chuckled softly.

"We can't just be friends?"

A roar followed this. "I'll take that as a no."

The bull-man charged at him. As soon as it got close, Percy jumps to the side.

'Oh shit!' he thought. He gets up and keeps an eye on the beast. He flicked his wrists, and two hidden blades extended. He charged at the Minotaur as it did the same. He ducked under an extended arm and slashed at the bull's side. It roared in pain at Percy, slamming its arm into the boy. Percy yelled, rolling down the hill a bit.

"Fuck!" he shouted. He stood up; a small cut was on his palm, caused by one of his blades.

He glared at the bull-man who held his side for a few seconds before glaring at the Son of Athena. It roared what Percy could only imagine being its version of a cuss.

"Good to know the feeling is mutual!"

The Minotaur charged at him again, arm wide to stop Percy from dodging, remembering the pain last time he was caught, he did not want to do that again.

The idea Percy had next was enough to get Athena proud of him or disown him for it. Either way, it was the only one he had at the moment, so he went with it.

Percy waited until the Bull-Man was almost upon him and jumped. Realizing he wasn't going to make it over the head of the monster without being impaled by its horns. And so in another moment of genius or stupidity, no one could tell the difference; he used the Minotaur's head as a springboard. He turned mid-air and landed on the beast's neck.

Percy would have smiled had he had the time to register what he had done, but as soon as he did land, the boy gripped a horn tightly.

'Holy shit! That worked!' his mind went off, but he quickly shook that thought off as soon as it came.

The monster became desperate to get the demigod off of it. That only made the demigod child hold on tighter to the Minotaur's horn.

Today must have been an excellent day for dumb ideas. All the plans that came to him seemed extremely stupid, or stupidly genius, that night. He blamed the genes he inherited from the sea god.

In a moment of newly discovered strength, he pulled on the horn with all of his might until he heard a loud snap. His head slammed into a rock. He let out a groan as he tried to regain what little sense he had left.

Based on instinct alone, Percy rolled to the left just out of the way of the charging bull as mad as if Percy had been wearing bright red clothing, with died red hair and skin. He got back up, despite the feeling of his ribs punctuating his lungs, and stared at the beast with its horn held tightly in his hand. The Minotaur roared at him once more and charged at the demigod.

Percy stood his ground with a brave face as the beast neared him. Closer and closer it got, but Percy stayed still. At the last moment, he rolled and stabbed the Minotaur in between the ribs.

'Payback, Mr. bull-man.' he thought as the beast turned to gold sand, mixing with his hair.

His adrenaline had finally worn thin as he stood there in pain. He needed to go. To make it to the place, just pass the big pine tree to his friends that waited for him. After a few minutes, that was exactly what he did. Only to pass out as soon as he reached the porch of a big blue house, sleep hadn't felt so good since his first night off of the streets.

Words: 841
I'm gonna say it. My sister is amazing! She helped me today with a monologue, and I'm really great full that she did. Another thing I will be taking some time to write for at least a week. Sorry. Also, voting is extended to Sunday.

Anyway, these are your choices for this weeks guidebook chapter:

1. James Cantu
2. ??? (Surprise choice)
3. Chaos's and Order's powers
4. Only a little

As always, choose wisely.

-Red