Chapter 6: finally at the museum

It was a well-known fact that children of Athena and spiders never got along. This meant the same if that child was adopted. So it came as no surprise to Coach Hedge, who had been keeping his eyes on the boy when he freaked at the spider. This proved that he was indeed a son of Athena, who had black hair—probably dyed. He secretly moved a joystick ever so slightly as the spider got closer to the child of wisdom. Ms. Dodd gave him a weird look before shrugging it off. She just had to wait a little bit longer.

Percy forced himself farther away from the spider and closer to Piper by doing so.

"Kill it!" His calm and calculating demeanor is very much forgotten. All that was going through his mind was getting as far away from this eight-legged monster as he could.

"Cool it, Percy. It's just a bug." Leo snickered.

"One, it's an Arachnid and two that is a more dangerous killer than anything!" Percy remarked back. Leo rolled his eyes before grabbing the spider and tossing it out the window and into the traffic that was New York. If they had looked, they would have seen that instead of guts it had gears and that several spiders came and dragged the robotic arachnid away into the darkness.

Coach Hedge grumbled at his lost robot before finally seeing the museum. Eventually, they had arrived.

📚📚📚

Much like any other child of Athena, Percy was ecstatic when he found out it was a history museum. Their class, of course, would be focused on the Greek and Roman parts. The entire time Percy had a small smile on his face.

Piper was the first of the group to notice the lack thereof a stoic expression on Percy's face, and she was determined to keep it there. She would do the same if it were Leo as well.

Percy honestly was trying his best to listen as coach Hedge talked about the friezes, but everyone was talking, making it hard. So his smile slowly started to fall.

The girl behind Piper, a kleptomaniac who went by the name of Nancy Bobofit, snickered about something. Finally done with this bull, she turned to Nancy.

"Will you please be quiet." She said harshly to the girl. The bright redhead somehow turned redder than her hair.

"Do you have a comment, Ms. McLean." Ms. Dodd spoke up. Piper turned red from embarrassment but shook her head.

"No, ma'am."

"Then please tell us about what this depicts." She pointed at the very one they had just gone over. Piper sighed with relief.

"It's Kronos eating his kids." She spoke.

"And he did this, why?" Coach Hedge was getting annoyed with Dodd taking over his trip. Stupid kindly ones. Piper blanked briefly.

"He did this because he was the king of titans." Leo jumped in with a smirk. He loved messing with teachers. Especially this one who nearly ruined all of his tinkers and pranks. "He didn't trust his godly children, so he ate them. Zeus was free of this fate because of a rock. And when he grew up, he made Kronos spit them up, and they had a big war. The gods won."

"Now, honey, I asked Ms. McLean." She said venomously.

"I thought it was free for whoever." His smirk was still sharp. Percy looked at them and chuckled softly. Then he heard what Nancy was saying.

"Like we will ever need this. 'Why did Kronos eat his children?'" Nancy joked. Her 'friends' laughed along with her.

"And why is this important, Jackson." Coach knew them well enough to know Percy was next.

"Simple. Their stories have morals we still use today, like not being too cocky as Kronos was. But we also use some of their architectural ideas in modern buildings." Percy said with a smile. Leo smirked at Nancy.

"Maybe you should listen more than you talk." He joked. Nancy growled softly.

"Full credit to the three of you. Now I believe it's time for lunch cupcakes!" And with that, they went back to the front of the museum.

📚📚📚

Athena laughed in her library as she watched what happened. Her son truly knew how to pick friends. She hoped they would stay as a group as things got harder. But only time can tell.

Words: 727
Ok, so recently, aka today, I found someone had nominated me for something called the arcana awards, and I don't know if I should do it or not. Or even which book to go with if I did. So I want y'all take on it. Another thing is that I'm running out of pre-written chapters, so I'm going to be taking about a month-long break from writing so that these chapters are worth reading. Finally, tomorrow's guidebook chapter is on y'all. If nothing comes in, I will probably roll dice or something.

-Red