Chapter IX // Caught Like Floss in A Canine's Teeth

The art department's piece for the festival was finally finished. They decided it was safer to head back to the school early due to... recent events.

You and Haru didn't notice everyone else had left. The two of you were still working on the flower booth. 

"Are you two Cherryton students?"

Haru turns around.

"Oh," She says, "Mr. Mayor. 

He approaches closer.

"You should get back to school right away." He states.

"Oh, yes." Haru answers.

You hum in response. 

"It's my duty as the mayor to build a city where everyone feels safe," the mayor begins, "So, go on now." 

He walks away, his arms behind his back.

"I didn't realize everyone had left," Haru comments, stretching her arms high above her head.

A large shadow envelops you. Looking up, you see Legosi.

He doesn't seem happy.

"Hey," you greet, calmly.

"Y/N.." Legosi begins, "Hi.." 

'Such a silly wolf.'

"I.." He continues, "How you doing?"

You were about to answer when Haru interrupts.

"So, you haven't gone back either, huh?"

"Uh.. nope." Legosi shies away.

"Why don't we all head back together?" You suggest, your hands making various gestures. 

"S-sure.." Legosi agrees.

~

The next day begins, and the drama club is preparing for the festival's performance.

Bill slashes Louis' hand, which surprises everyone. He bandages it up, nonchalantly.

"I see Bill got to you," Legosi says, almost growling, "I hope it doesn't leave a scar."

"It's certainly nothing compared to your back," Louis retorts, pushing Legosi back, "What do you want? If you've got something to say, then just say it." 

"Not me," Legosi states, "Nothing to say."

The two glare daggers at each other, without breaking their eye contact.

The room was filled with tension, and the other members gossiped with each other about the current situation. 

~

The club's rehearsal ended long after, and Louis returned later to the club room.

"Juno," He says, surprised, "You're still cleaning up."

"Hello, Louis!" Juno greets, happily.

"Why do you have it so dark in here?"

"Well, wolves are nocturnal, you know. So it feels better when it's darker."

The room was indeed dark, with only a single spotlight shining down on the two. 

"That's right.. I forgot that you're a wolf too." Louis mumbles.

Juno begins walking towards the deer, broom still in hand.

"And that means," She begins, "now we've got two actors in the spotlight. Louis, would you mind practicing with me for a little bit?"