Chapter 9:

Johnny and I get woken up by Dally's voice, "come on my room? Really?" 

I get up from the comfortable position beside Johnny and stand up to face him, "we didn't do anything, jerk" I tell him.

Dally raises his eyebrows "what did you just call me?" he asks in a playful tone, "jerk" I told him while sticking out my tongue like a little kid.

Dally breaks into a smirk as he pushes me back on the bed which Johnny was now off of.

I laugh as I could feel Dally rub a pillow in my face as he tickles me, my legs kicking and body squirming as I try to escape.

I could hear Johnny's voice, but it was a bit muffled, "stop, Dally" he says.

"Dally stop" he says again, this time a little louder.

I scream as Dally starts to tickle my ribs, my legs kicking faster as I try to get him off of me, my laughter being mumbled from the pillow.

"Stop!" Johnny suddenly yells, causing both Dally and I to jump.

Dally got off of me, and I sat up straight, the both of us looking at him confused.

Johnny's big doe eyes were wide and had fear dancing through them,  my heart aching at the sight.

"We were just playing, I wasn't going to hurt her" Dally says as he walks over to Johnny, "yeah, he wasn't hurting me at all" I tell him as I try to catch my breath from all the laughing.

Johnny just nodded his head before heading to the bathroom.

"You know I'd never hurt you, right?" he asks in a quiet voice.

I smile, looking up at him, "I know" I tell him honestly.

After Johnny came out of the bathroom, we walked back to the Curtis place.

Johnny was quite on the walk there, and Dally and I both looked at each other as if to communicate what was wrong with out actually speaking.

When we arrived at the Curtis's the smell of bacon made my body jerk up from it's slouch in excitement.

Darry didn't make bacon too often, so when he did it was a real treat.

I quickly made my way over to the kitchen, and looked at the food placed neatly on the table, my mouth hung open as if I were a puppy begging to be fed a treat.

"Looks amazing Dare" I tell him, a smile on my face as I take the first seat.

"It does doesn't it" he responds, a smirk on his face as he watches everyone find their way in a chair.

Once everyone sat down, it was a free for all.

***

There was no food left once everyone was done.

Not even a little piece of burnt bacon.

It was all gone.

The best was done, and now we have to face the worst... the dishes.

I get up from the table first, grabbing my plate and bringing it to the counter.

I saw Pony standing up, about to bring his plate to the table when Darry stopped him, "it's okay guys, Kinsley and I got the dishes" he says.

What? No.

Without any hesitation or questioning, the guys left the table, leaving behind their dirty dishes.

Darry then grabbed two of the plates from the table and brought them to the counter.

I eyed him curiously as he started the water for the dishes.