chapter.two

sphallolalia :
flirtatious talk that leads nowhere

~~~

Even though I may have gotten Celeste's' number, I still wanted to see her. Just to watch her while she works. Nothing creepy or anything.

After I slipped on my work sneakers, I hurried out the door. Nurses and doctors swiftly made their way past me looking way too busy to even acknowledge me. Not that I care.

I turned to my left which went deeper down the halls. The plain white halls felt like it could go on forever. A few doors were opened and I was able to catch a glimpse of a few patients in their beds. Some had those wires and needles stuck in their arms while others seemed to be enjoying some food while laying in bed.

I felt my stomach turn from the sight of seeing a little boy in a wheelchair roll past me. This is why I hate hospitals. It reminds me too much of the life I went through during my childhood.

"Doctor Greene! The patient in room 319C is going through a surgical procedure and they need back up!"

I heard someone call Celeste's name and instantly moved to the sound. I was walking a bit fast so I could see her before she was able to disappear, when I noticed her speed walking past me. She was already in front of me before I had time to process what was happening. Celeste quickly tied her hair into a tight bun and entered a room. When I got closer, a few nurses stopped me from moving anywhere else.

"Sorry sir, but you can't go in there," one of them said. She was short and stout with brown hair down to her shoulders. I looked at the other one who was a bit taller and slimmer but looked older than the other.

"I just need to speak with Doctor Greene. It won't take long--" I tried to say but was cut off.

"She is busy at the moment. If you need to speak with her, you'll need to wait until she is on break."

Without saying another word I turned around and headed for the exit. I was disappointed and annoyed that I wasn't able to see Celeste again today. Raking my hand through my light brown hair, I walked out of the small hospital without even scheduling my next appointment with the receptionist. Before walking into my car, I stopped to look at all the other cars in the parking lot. Which one belongs to Celeste?

Looking into the window of all the cars wouldn't help because I doubt she just hangs her picture in there. Pulling out my phone, I checked the time. It's 5:42pm. I should be heading back to work soon. But maybe I should wait for her shift to end? But some doctors leave work at like 12 am. I pondered about it as I walked to my silver pick up truck and got inside. I'll wait for her. If it was anyone else I wouldn't do it. But because it's Celeste, I'll wait.

~

The sky had darkened and tiny silver specks from the stars sprinkled the sky. Even though I've been desperately hungry, I haven't left once. I'm too nervous that if I go to get something to eat, Celeste would leave too. I can't even fall asleep because I have to keep an eye on the door to watch her leave. It's been nearly 4 hours, and my soon to be Queen hasn't walked through those doors.

I hope she doesn't have a boyfriend. Or worse, married. I didn't see a ring though. Plus, she's still young. Maybe she isn't ready for marriage. But what man can resist her? I'm sure that I'm not the only one who looks at her with desire. Unfortunately that's a problem because I'll need to fight off everyone who gets too close to her. Guys and girls.

My phone began to vibrate in my pocket. I took it from where it was and looked at the caller id. It was Julius. A lot of people say it's like we hate each other, because of the way we speak to one another. But we actually really care for each other. Besides my dad being a few cities away, Julius is the only one I really have.