chapter.twleve

spectrophobia :
fear of looking in the mirror
~~~

"So I started doing what you told me to," I started speaking to Julius. We were both working on an engine of a car. Sweat was dripping down our foreheads. "And it's fucking hard."

"You mean with Celeste?" He asked wiping off sweat from his forehead.

I nodded my head and walked away from the vehicle looking for a tool. The garage had been pretty dead today, which was a first in a while. So it wasn't as loud as usual.

I approached the car with a wrench in my hand. "So what am I supposed to do now then? You want me to wait till she falls in love with me? But how do I get her want me? I want her to make me her drug." My thoughts and emotions were pouring out as I aggressively started working on the car again.

"Chill, man," Julius paused what he was doing and looked at me. "Just keep doing what you doing."

Dropping the wrench on the engine I faced Julius. "Fuck that shit! If I keep doing that, it'll take years," I exclaimed. Before Julius could say another thing, I walked away from the car getting ready to take a break.

How am I supposed to get what I want from Celeste. I just got rid of Rayan, so everything should go perfectly now right? But, it still feels like something is missing. How come the police haven't knocked on my door yet? Not that I'm complaining, but I'm confused as fuck. None of her neighbors have smelled her dead body yet?

I made my way to the bathroom and washed my oily hands with my thoughts still racing. My face was covered in grease so I decided to give it a rinse. I let the water fill my palms before I shut my eyes. The water splashed on my face a few time before I opened my eyes again.

When I looked at the mirror, my heart dropped as I saw a familiar face standing behind me in my reflection. It was the witch herself.

Rayan's eyes were opened wide and a small smirk was plastered on her face. Red handprints that I left we're still on her neck. My body was shaking and my heart beat wouldn't slow down.

She's still alive??

I rubbed my eyes with more water to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Once my eyes were opened, she was gone. My hand was placed on the wall to keep me balanced.

No, she can't still be alive. She didn't have a pulse. I killed her.

Her soul must be haunting me, I came to the conclusion. There's no way she was still alive.

I jumped when I heard a loud knock against the door.

"W- who's there?" My voice was shaking.

"It's Nick," another mechanic answered through the door. I sighed from relief when I heard his voice and not Rayan's.

He was probably getting impatient because 5 seconds later he knocked again. "You almost done in there? I need to take a shit. My breakfast not sitting well."

I cringed from his words and immediately opened the door. Nick's shorter frame stared up at me in annoyance. I tried to apologize, but he quickly walked past me and shut the door.

~

The rest of the day at work was traumatizing. I couldn't even tell Julius about it because I'll have to tell him that I killed Rayan. But that didn't stop him from asking what was going on. He frequently noticed that was fidgeting and looking over my shoulder every 5 minutes.

When Rayan was alive, I didn't want anything to do with her. I didn't even want to stand next to her. And now that she's a ghost and torturing me, I was terrified. I had no idea how to get out of this dilemma.