chapter.ten

athazagoraphobia:
the fear of forgetting, being forgotten or ignored, or being replaced

~~~

"Remember what I told you!" Julius called behind me as I jogged towards my truck.

It was around 7 when I drove to the hospital where Celeste worked. The sky was slowly turning dark as the sun was beginning to set.

I pursed my lips as memories from earlier in the day flooded my mind. She's gonna forgive me right? She has to.

I arrived at the hospital a little earlier than I expected. The parking lot wasn't as crowded as this morning but there was still a good amount of cars parked around. I made sure to park in a secluded area, just to be safe. After everything was in place and settled, I pulled out my phone to text Celeste.

Me: Hey Celeste. I'm still really sorry about earlier today. I'm waiting outside the hospital. Maybe we could get some food or a drink before I drop you off?

10 minutes have passed and I still didn't get a response.

She's probably just busy. Celeste is a doctor, so she obviously has a lot of patients to attend to.

It was 8 o'clock, and I still hadn't received a response. My palms started getting clammy from nervousness and my teeth chewed on my bottom lip. What the hell is she still doing?

From the corner of my eye, I finally noticed a figure slip out of the entrance of the hospital. My head quickly turned to see Celeste, looking beautiful as always. I got out of the drivers seat of my truck and confidently walked towards my girlfriend.  I was feeling excited and ready to win her over again, until suddenly, a familiar face appeared next to Celeste.

Rayan.

She had a wide, devious smile on her face. Her presence made me want to hurl. But, I still walked towards the two ladies ready to claim whats mine.

"Celeste!" I called towards her and held my hand up in a wave. Celeste looked in my direction with a straight face. She still looked a little upset about what happened, but not as much as this morning.

A loud scoff came from Rayan, and I tried my hardest not to strangle her. When I finally approached the queen and her good for nothing best friend, Julius' words came back to me.

Make her fall in love with you.

"You look beautiful, Celeste."

Another scoff came from Rayan. What the fuck is her problem? I don't even give her attention as I bite my tongue before I cuss her out.

Celeste's emotions didn't change at all, even though she answered with, "Thank you."

"I'll grab you purse for you," I suggested as I reached down to hold Celeste's bag for her. She gladly let me take it and I tried my best not to make contact with her skin. "I promised that I'd drive you home tonight. Are you ready to go?"

Rayan suddenly appeared in front of me, and blocking me from seeing my queen. "Actually," she began. I couldn't stop my eyes from rolling. "I was going to take her home. I need to talk to her." I looked behind Rayan to look at Celeste, but she had already pulled out her phone.

"What? You guys talked last night!"

"Sorry, but I need to speak to her again tonight." Rayan stated quickly. Her mouth curved into a smirk as she spoke. I closed my eyes and used my free hand to rub my forehead. "What the fuck.." I whispered. I took a deep breath and looked back at the women standing in front of me. Both were looking intently at me.