chapter.fifteen

agliophobia : 

the fear of being hurt

~

It's been about a week since I saw Rayan's car in the parking lot, but not much has been happening. 

Even though Celeste always gets defensive when Rayan is brought up in conversation, she has been hesitant to call the police. It makes me wonder why she hasn't done it yet though. Even though I'm bound to be thrown in jail, I can't help but think about what may be going on in Celeste's mind. She says she's set on finding Rayan herself, but that honestly seems to be going nowhere. 

If I was the one supposed to find Rayan, it'll be a lot easier for me since I feel like I see her everywhere now. The only place I haven't noticed her was when I am in my own house. Besides that; at work, at the hospital, when I go out to eat, and many different places. At this point I've gotten used to seeing her creepy smile. My hand marks are still on her neck and she still has a missing tooth. Rayan doesn't make me wanna piss on myself anymore. 

But the problem now is that anytime I try to approached her, she disappears. She would turn a corner, walk out of the room, and then she's gone. Makes me think everything is just my imagination. That can't be possible though since I found her car in the parking lot. Which means she drove to meet Celeste. Then if that was the case Celeste would've seen Rayan. 

I need to stop thinking about that bitch before I get another headache. 

Whether I like it or not, Darius has become a main character in this messed up story and I hate seeing him. His face bothers me. I thought Celeste hating seeing him as much as I do, but these days she lets him get close to her. Is it because of her deceased best friend she just needs somebody to confide in? It should be me then: her boyfriend! Not some bastard who calls her Lesie. 

What the fuck kinda of nickname is Lesie?

Even after I got rid of someone, another person is calling me to end their life as well. 

I leave my right hand on the steering wheel as my left hand pushing the hair out of my face. I should probably get a haircut soon. 

Speeding down the road with these thoughts isn't new for me. I'm always trying to think of ways Celeste can just be mine. 

If I could, I'd touch her perfect dark chocolate skin 24/7. Her beauty really amazes me, and her confidence draws me nearer to her even more. Celeste is like my drug. There's no way I'll let anyone take her from me. 

That's why everyone between us is a threat. Even if it was her best friend. 

I turn into the parking lot of the hospital and park my truck in the usual spot. I lean down in my seat and watch the entrance patiently. 

Coming to pick up Celeste is normal too, but she seems less and less interested in me. Even though she agrees to get in my truck, it's obvious she doesn't want to be there. I won't lie, I don't feel bad for making her sit next to me everyday. It the only time I positively know that it'll be me who gives her the r--

My thoughts paused as I watched 2 figures walk out the hospital. Celeste looked gorgeous in her lilac colored scrubs. But I realized she didn't have her purse on her left arm as usual. I looked to the side and noticed that it was in somebody else's hands. 

It was Darius. 

I get out of the drivers seat so aggressively, that I almost lose my balance when my feet hit the ground. My feet stomp towards the two and stop me in front of the person who's making my blood boil. 

"Who the fuck do you think you are?!" I scream into his face. Honestly I was planning to keep my cool and be the bigger person, but that didn't happen.

Darius backed up in disgust. "First of all, get your sour breath out of my face. And, don't you have manners? At least say 'hello' to us first."

I looked down at Celeste and she was staring up at me in disbelief and annoyance. Shit, I fucked up. 

I stepped back and took a deep breath trying to gather my thoughts. I already messed up, let me at least try to fix it. 

"Lesie, I don't know how the fuck you kissed this cracker when his breath smells like this," Darius said in disgust. 

My body moved before my brain registered what was said. I grabbed Darius' collar and pushed his back to the cement wall on our left side. He grunted and tried pulling my arm away but I wouldn't budge. 

"I'll ask you again," I said making sure to get close to his face so he could smell my breath again. "Who the fuck do you think you are?!"

Darius smirked. My heart began to pound hard as I remembered that night that Rayan smiled while she was being suffocated. 

"I'm the one who's going to take Celeste away from a toxic guy like you." His words echoed confidence and power. He was staring at me without any fear. 

My knuckles around his collar turned white and my other fingers curled into a fist. And then our fight began. 

I swung my left arm to his face but he gracefully dodged the attack and got out of my hold on his collar. My hand ended up punching the hard wall and brought a sharp pain up my entire arm. When I moved my hand, the knuckles were scraped and my fingers felt almost immobile. The pain made me release a low aching groan. I tried not to show weakness, so I turned to my opponent and got ready to fight. 

At this point, I wasn't even thinking about where Celeste had probably run off to her. The only thing in my mind was eliminating another threat from my goal.

And if that meant murder, I'll do it the right way this time. 

~

Hello dear readers!

Sorry for a shorter chapter this time :(

What are your thoughts to what Silas was thinking in the first part of the chapter? 

Why do you think Rayan keeps appearing, but never say anything?

I enjoy reading your thoughts so please type them in the comments!

Don't forget to vote before you go :)