Chapter 2 : Ruri-chan

January 19, 2036

Ruri-chan

Tomodachi ga dekinai kaerimichi

"Are you my friend, Ki-za-ma-kun?"

"Yes! I'm your friend so please get this blindfold off me and please let me go." Aww poor Kizama-kun is crying.

yuugure wa tokidoki yasashiku

"If you really are my friend, do you know what my favorite chord is?" I chuckled. A wide grin spread on my face.

He was sweating despite the cold air on the top of the building. I know what he's experiencing. He's afraid. He afraid of dying. Afraid of feeling nothing.

"I'll give you a clue then, since you're all unfocused." I smiled. "This chord strikes fear when you hear it. It gives off a vibe that's barely describable, but enough for the human body to realize it's terror."

He stayed silent. How cute, he's thinking.

tobikau deeta no naka de

"Still don't know?" He didn't respond. "I'll give you another clue then."

"This chord will decide if you live or not." I laughed. "Now, do you know the answer?"

"I'm sorry, but uh- I don't play any i- instruments." He's stuttering. Cute.

"So what? Just chose between A to G, and maybe you get to live."

He's really thinking about his answer.

"I think th- the answer is, uh-"

"Is it E?"

machi no Bluetooth ga atashi wo kowashita-

"Well that chord does strike fear." I smiled.

"Too bad the answer was A minor." I laughed. "Now die, Kizama."

"Wait that's unfair! You said it was between A to G- AHHHHH!"

I already pushed him off. Poor Kizama-kun.

"Oh did I actually say that. Too bad. I forgot."

"Bye-bye, Ki-za-ma-kun."

***
January 19, 2036

Yamamoto Yui

"A 21 year old office worker was found dead om the street after he fell from a 20-story building. Authorities said the incident was yet again, caused by the loose serial killer, only known by the name Ruri-chan. She kills her victims by-"

"God that TV is loud." My mother complained. "Turn it off."

I turned the TV off and went to the kitchen to help my mother wash the dishes.

"You heard the news right?" My mother asked me.

"Of course. I'm not deaf or anything." I mumbled.

"That Ruri-chan is one dangerous person. Don't go out of the house late, Yui." She warned me. "Who knows where that girl is lurking."

"I know, I know. Besides, I don't even want to go outside." I laughed.

"Fricking weeb." My mom just laughed it off.

I went to my room after I helped mom wash the dishes. I grabbed my phone and checked for any unread messages.

Kano : Hey you guys heard about that Ruri guy?