Chapter 3 : Fujiwara Habiki

January 22, 2036

Tanaka Hoshino

"Habi-san! Let's go to the club room together." I called out for my club mate, Fujiwara Habiki.

"The others are probably there already. Come on they're waiting for us." I grabbed his hand as we ran to the club room.

Our loud footsteps resonated through out the hall. But for me, the sound of my heartbeat was much more louder, I'm worried Habiki-san can hear it.

I'm actually holding his hand right now. But does this even count? I mean I'm just dragging him along the hall.

"Hey slow down I'll trip." Habiki said. I immediately stopped in my tracks and let go of his hand.

Crap. Was I too forceful? Is he angry at me?

"Besides it's not like they won't let us in if we're late." He laughed.

"That's not how a club president should act you know."

"Anyway, let's just take our time." He took my hand and started to walk.

WE'RE HOLDING HANDS

"Oh and Hoshi-chan, have you finished the riff for the new song?" He asked me.

"O-oh uh yeah I fi-finished up last night." I replied.

WHY THE HELL AM I STUTTERING

"That's good to hear. Now all we need is Yui's arrangements on the drums." He smiled.

A few minutes later, we were already in front of the club room. He dropped my hand and entered first.

The faces that greeted us was Tsubasa, our pianist and Minami our bassist.

"Is Yui still not here?" I asked.

"Actually she didn't come to class today. Nanoka-sensei called her mother but she also didn't know where Yui went." Tsubasa said.

"Maybe she got trapped in the locker room again." Minami snickered.

"That's mean Minami-kun." Tsubasa pouted.

I was just laughing as they got absorbed in arguing again. They were basically the couple in the club. I got my guitar out of the case and plugged it in.

Suddenly, I felt a huge amount of somewhat pressure, but it felt really foreign. Sweat rolled down my neck as I turned around.

When I looked behind me, the pressure suddenly disappeared. What was that? Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

"Are you alright Hoshino? You look pale." Tsubasa said.

"Oh, I'm fine. It's just, I have this unshakable bad feeling." I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Shake off those nerves because we're gonna start playing." The door of the clubroom suddenly opened. It was Nanoka-sensei. She was carrying her drumsticks.

"Since Yui isn't here today, let me be the substitute." She offered. Well of course we're gonna accept.

"Nice timing sensei. Well, let's warm up for now." Habiki said.

"One, two, ONE TWO THREE-"

***

"That was a nice session guys! Alright, time to go home." Tsubasa said.

She already went ahead and grabbed hers and Minami's bag.

"Alright, we're gonna go ahead first. Bye." Minami said.