Chapter 8 : Returning Favors

"Well they're (morning and afternoon) alright, but night time's when it really gets good." -Rodney Alcala, Serial Killer

January 24, 2036

Fukuda Rakuro

How did he move that fast? It's like he's got superhuman reflexes. And that modified guitar should be heavy right?

"Metal manipulation." It's like he read my mind and directly answered my question.

"I made the guitar lighter and much more durable so I could deflect the bullet." He swung his guitar again, this time it was slower.

"H-how is that even possible?" I aimed my gun at him, ready to pull the trigger.

"Oh, anything's possible when you become a killer." He smirked. "Once you get a taste of what it's like-"

"There's no turning back." He threw his guitar sideways. I heard a scream follow.

I turned my head and saw blood on the floor, and my officemate's body was laying motionless, it's head in a very uncomfortable position.

"21." I looked at Habiki again, and the guitar was already in his hands.

"You really think you could get away with this?" I raised my voice. Someone should've noticed by now. I mean, there are security cameras all over the office.

"You talking about the cameras? Darling over here already broke them." Ruri said. "Metal manipulation. Duh." She smirked.

"It's my turn now." She immediately fired the gun that was still aimed at-

Mio?

"WOAH! I FEEL THE POWER SURGING THROUGH MY VEINS. THIS IS EXCITING." Ruri laughed.

"BASTARD! WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?" I aimed my gun at her and pulled the trigger. But the bullet was instantly deflected by Habiki.

"You finally lost your cool huh." Habiki threw his guitar again and killed another person.

No.

NO.

Please stop. Don't do this please

"22 kills." The guitar was yet again in his hands. He did a stance, preparing to throw it again.

"STOP! I- I'LL KILL YOU!" I aimed my gun at him again. "YOU'LL DIE!"

"I think we both know who's gonna die." He threw the guitar again. "23." He smirked.

"Stop. Please." I felt my knees weaken, and they finally touched the ground. In front of me were two serial killers killing my comrades. And one of them just killed my senior.

Mio.

I felt tears stream down my face.

Am I going to die here? Is he going to kill me last? Why is he doing this?

"You've probably realized that we're just toying with you." He threw his guitar again. It landed beside me, barely missing my body. "I could kill you anytime if I want to."

"Please. Just kill me."

The guitar beside me moved and I saw it return to his hand.

"Nope." He threw his guitar again, killing another one of my comrades. "That's 24." He laughed manically. "How many of you are here? I think I could get to B class by killing all of you." He threw his guitar at a rapid speed over and over, each time killing another.

"STOP! PLEASE!" I tried my best to aim my gun back at him even though it was pointless, but my hands were too weak.

"The moment that you were the only one standing, your fate was already decided." The guitar went back to his hand. "All the 10 kills I gained here, was all your fault."