Chapter 5 : Ruri-chan (2)

January 24, 2036

Yamamoto Yui

"THATS GREAT! STRUGGLE MORE FOR ME! SHOUT AND SHOUT UNTIL YOUR VOICE DISAPPEARS! CRY FOR HELP THAT WILL NEVER ARRIVE!" The supposedly soft and shy woman I met earlier, is laughing like a maniac in front of me.

"PLEASE LET ME GO! I STILL HAVEN'T ACHIEVED ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT! I'LL GIVE YOU MONEY, ANYTHING, JUST LET ME GO!" I was shouting as tears fell from my face. The cold breeze brushed against my neck as I was tied up.

"Money you say?" She stopped for a second. "If you give me 50000 yen I can finally but a new guitar." She smirked.

"And maybe I could spare you too." She stopped in thought.

I just continued to cry silently.

"So? Where's the money?" She stared at me. "Where's the money, girl. Tell me or I'll push you off this building." She threatened

"I-its, a credit card in my b-bag." I replied. God please save me. I still want to see my mother, my club mates, my friends. I still want to fulfill my dreams.

The girl in front of me rummaged around my bag until she found the credit card.

"Well this ending is unusual. Usually I ask my victims to guess what my favorite chord is." She scratched her head. "Now did you really think I'd let you go?" She smiled.

"WAIT, I GAVE YOU THE CREDIT CARD! WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED!" I shouted, tears still rolling down my face.

"You know-" She paused and looked at my ID. "Yui-chan, this world is unfair. The only way you could survive is either by wealth-" She paused again.

"Or by having unrivaled power." She smirked.

"Now, I couldn't afford to let you go, since you saw my face." She grabbed my hair and faced me.

"Thank you for being my friend-"

"Yui-chan."

"WAIT, NO PLEA-

Those were the last words I uttered as I helplessly fell at a rapid speed. I couldn't hear my own screams anymore. My death was certain.

Mom. I'm sorry for not being the greatest daughter.

I'm sorry for making you worry.

I'm sorry that I won't be able to come home.

I just wanted to experience a mediocre high school life, not knowing it would lead me to this very situation.

If I had known, I would've tried to achieve more things, and be more dedicated to the stuff I enjoy doing.

But it's too late for all that now. What can I say, it was-

Fun.

Kano, Kyoko, Ushio-

Thank you.

For being with me all this time. I wish I could've spent more time with you.

Thank you.

I'm sorry.

...
...
...
...

"I STILL WANT TO LET KANO COPY MY HOMEWORK! I STILL DONT WANT TO DIE!"

My screams and cries will obviously be futile.

But I don't know what else to do-

But scream.