Chapter 12 : A New Shadow

January 25, 2036

Fukuda Rakuro

"I'd never thought I'd meet you so soon." I scowled as I stood up and stared down at him. "You have balls showing up here after killing Mio."

"We both know that Ruri was the one who killed her, and that she's not the only one who killed a person too." He smirked. "Now you're also a Liquidator. Though that doesn't necessarily mean you're on our side now." He scratched the back of his head. Fuck you and your terrorist group.

"Just so you know, I didn't come here to fight." I raised my eyebrow.

"But I can't help it. After seeing you knock out everyone in the whole hospital, I just can't help it you know." He laughed manically.

"What do you mean the whole hospital?" I'm pretty sure even C Class killers don't have that kind of power.

"That shock wave from earlier knocked the life out of all the people here. Even some outside were made unconscious." He replied. "How could I resist the urge to fight a man with such incredible power." He laughed. "It's almost like you have no control over it at all!"

"Well, it's too bad I can't kill you right now though." He relaxed his hand carrying the guitar. "This place is already surrounded by the police. Plus, I still need your help."

"If that's the case then I could just beat you then hand you over. And what made you think I'm gonna help you?"

"You really think that you could just hand me over and go back to your normal life?" He frowned. "The moment you pulled the trigger on Ruri, your life took a huge turn."

I hate to admit it, but he's right. I'm probably considered as an enemy right now, especially after knocking out the people in the hospital. They probably think that once you become a Liquidator, you just lose all reasoning.

"Why do you need my help? I killed Ruri. Shouldn't you be angry?" I asked. It's suspicious that he's not showing any signs of frustration.

"Truth to be told, I was just using Ruri and I was planning to kill her so that my kills would increase." He laughed. "But in the process of attempting that, I got something better!" He pointed at me. "You, will be the ultimate weapon I will use against the greatest Liquidator in history."

So Ruri was basically just fodder for him? Even if she was a killer, that's still pretty cruel.

"Ultimate weapon? Before you go spouting that nonsense, you have no way of luring me into your side. The fact that you're the reason Mio is dead still won't change!" I charged towards him and aimed a punch. Just in time before my fist hit his face, he blocked it with his guitar.

"Incredible strength! This is strength that surpasses even the most elite of A Class!" He backed up from the recoil of the punch. "This is exactly what I need." He smirked.

"Shut the fuck up and die!" I charged at him again and swiftly punched his stomach. He fell to his knees and coughed up blood.

"Ack!" I kicked his ribs then walked closer and pulled his hair.

"What made you think I wouldn't kill you right here right now?" I prepared another punch, but my fist stopped inches away from his face after launching my fist.

"You probably know this already, but I'm the only one who knows how your power works, and you still need me to tell you how to control it." He smirked. "Can't kill me now, can you?"

Fuck. I really want to cut his head off.

"Shut up! You killed Mio, that's why I'm going to fucking kill you too." I shouted then another powerful wave of energy was released from my body.

Habiki who was on the floor earlier, was now sprawled on the wall. He coughed up blood again.

"Your emotions really do give you a slight push huh." He looked at me and smirked. "You see, you're not some ordinary Liquidator. You're special because you weren't supposed to be one in the first place. Your abilitiess are controlled by your emotions. There's no way to know when they will activate again."

"The hell you talking about?" He just smirked in response.

"If you join me, you could learn how to control those powers. To be honest, I could fight against you in equal footing right now, but I fear that the hospital would collapse because of that shock wave." He said.

"I already told you. I'm not joini-"

"Who said you had a choice?" He laughed.

Mio-

"Who said you had the fucking right to say that!" I grabbed his neck. But he still remained smiling even in the verge of death.

Stop smiling goddamn it.

I released my grip on his neck and dropped him.

"Ack. Finally." He picked his guitar up and sat down on the floor.

"Don't you realize the monster you've become? There's no chance in hell you're gonna be accepted by the society now." He smirked. "The only choice you have now is to cooperate with me. Our goals won't interfere with each other, so it's not that bad of a deal."

Negotiating with a criminal? This is pretty taboo.

"Besides, I won't try to kill you. I can't kill you anyway." He said. "Nor can you kill me."

"What do you say, Rakuro?"

"Let's go kill the most powerful Liquidator in history."

***
January 26, 2036

Kinoshita Minoru

"That'll be 500 yen."

"Keep the change."

"Thank you so much!"

Liquidators huh. A pretty terrifying force. Most of them are rogue too.
But finally, some excitement after all these years.

Shall we play another round of tag, Fukuda Rakuro?

***

Pretty short chapter if you ask me. XD. So sorry in advance.

I didn't expect this book to reach 200 reads under one month. Thanks to all the readers out there who read this shitty book. Chapter 13 will be out soon. Maybe xD.