Chapter 6 : Birth of a C Class

January 24, 2036

Fujiwara Habiki

"And that's 20 kills." I said as I brushed off the dust on my clothes. All that's left is to wait for a full moon so I could officialy promoted to a C Class. Not like it's gonna make a difference since my bloodlust level has already changed.

"Dar-ling. The guitar you used to beat her up got pretty damaged." Ruri-chan, my so called girlfriend, said.

"Yeah I mean, I still haven't modified it. It's to be expected." I replied as I carried my junior's body into the truck. "Besides, how'd you get this truck?"

"Apparently the teacher I killed owned this. I happened to find the keys in the music room." She replied. Oh yeah. Nanoka actually had a truck.

"This solves most of our problems. It's likely that the police only knows that I've killed like 5 people so far, so they aren't pretty aware of my actual bloodlust level." I said as I got into the driver's seat. "It'd be amusing to see their faces once I storm in one of their stations."

"But before that, I still need two more kills." Ruri replied. "I still can't decide on what weapon I want to use though." She giggled.

"You could use a knife. You could get a knife anywhere." I said. "Unlike guitars, knifes are cheaper too."

"Then why did you choose a guitar as your weapon?" Ruri asked.

"Because-"

"I like the sound my victim makes when I beat them to death." I smirked.

Just you wait Japan. I'll be one of the most elite killers in the whole country. No. The whole world. I won't stop at C Class. Oh no. My true goal is-

Getting to S Class.

***

Fukuda Rakuro

"Rakuro-san." Nabe called out to me. "I have some new information about the killers."

"Well what is it?" I asked.

"Apparently, the vehicle of the teacher that fell from the building, Satori Nanoka, is missing." He said. "This could prove that her death was by murder, not suicide."

"It's kinda obvious though. Who would beat themselves up then jump off a building." I replied.

"But you said that just a moment ago." Nabe snickered.

"Doesn't matter since you're the only one who heard it." I replied. "Anyway can you get me the plate number on the missing vehicle. Maybe they used it and we can see it in security cameras all over the city."

"No problem. Give me a minute." Nabe left and went to his cubicle.

This is a completely unknown world to the public. It's terrifying to think that one day all these notorious serial killers would go berserk and kill like there's no tomorrow.

Why the hell do they kill though? Because of some wicked reason? Mental disorder? Revenge? Well, it's not like a normal person like me would know. God knows what's going on in their minds.

And what's the goal of this Killer Circle group? They are basically terrorists if you think of it. Being all buddy buddy with these killers.

Wait.

How do they get their abilities in the first place? Do they get hired? Chosen? Or is it some abnormal condition.

Everytime I have a question that I couldn't provide an answer to, it just produces more questions. This is making my head hurt.