Chapter 7 : Heralds of the East

"I used to see a good looking girl and one minute I'd be thinking how nice it would be to go out with her. And in the next instant I was thinking how nice her head would look like on a stick." -Ted Bundy, Serial Killer

January 23, 2036

Fujita Asuga

"Look, if you begin to confess your myriad of killings, the date of your execution will be pushed back." The lawyer in front of me said. Why the fuck are you still here. Like you could be any help. Either way I'm still gonna die.

Plus, I'm never going to admit what I did was wrong. All those bastards deserved it.

"If you really won't confess, all these innocent people who were killed by your hands, would never find peace. Would you really let that eat your conscience for the remaining time that you will live?" Innocent? Those bastards were innocent? People who raped for their own satisfaction? I've had enough of this.

"You guys really turn a blind eye just to get your hands on cash. Who told you they were innocent? Their families? The police? Yeah fuck them. Their families probably don't even care. They just want money." I scoffed.

It's always been unfair for people with lower social statuses. But what can I do? Even if what I'm saying is true, not a single soul would believe me.

"I'm doing this to help you. If you don't want any, then go back to your cell until you're gonna be executed." He pinched the bridge of his nose. "You guys are really hard to understand."

"What the fuck did you just say?" I slammed my hands on the table. "Don't you fucking dare group me with all those merciless and senseless serial killers. Unlike them, I kill people who have committed grave crimes." I grit my teeth.

"Oh, so you're an assassin now? It still doesn't change the fact you've killed." He raised his eyebrows. "We should probably send a doctor to check your mental health. Well, not like you need it anyway." He took his folders and stood up. "Good luck with that." He went out of the room.

A guard immediately entered and cuffed me.

"Don't worry. I won't harm you. Unless I find out you did something bad." I glared at him.

He laughed in response. "Well, it's not like you could harm me anyway. Plus, you're the one who did something bad." He pushed me and guided me back to my cell. "Sweet dreams, Fujita."

Annoying.

Irritating.

So fucking unfair.

'Hey, are you really not gonna do anything?'

"Nope. All my efforts would just be wasted." I replied. The voice I heard 2 years ago, hasn't disappeared since.

Its been with me through thick and thin, no matter how cliche that sounds.

'Why don't you just kill them? I mean, you could've took on that guard even if your hands were cuffed.'

"That guy probably doesn't know most of the shit. Plus, he has a family to feed. I'd rather not take his life."

'You're persistent huh.'

"What?"

'Are you really gonna keep up that bullshit about only killing people who did horrible crimes?'

I didn't reply.

'We both know those were just coincidences.' I could hear the smirk in her voice. Not like she has a face though.

"Shut up. I'm trying to sleep." I closed my eyes.

'You could try to to ignore me, but one day you'll realize your true desire.'

'I mean, now, you have nothing to lose.'

"Um, I'm about to lose my life in about 4 months or so." I talked back. "Now, let me sleep."

'Suit yourself then.'

'It's all going to change tomorrow though. I have a feeling.'

A feeling huh. Still, I won't give into your true intentions.

I won't give into MY true intentions.

January 24, 2036

Boom*

My eyes immediately opened after hearing the explosion.

What is that? A bomb?

'Turns out my feeling was right.'

I tried my best to look outside between the iron bars.

Smoke? Did someone really detonate a bomb?

"Wh-who are you girls? Put your hands up where I could see them!" I heard the guard from earlier say.

"Get out of the way, human scum." A supposedly soft voice, said something so improper.

"I said put your hands up where I could see them!" His shouted louder than before. "You're infiltrating government property! This is illegal!"

"Leave my sight if you still want to feed your family." That sentence alone left a chill going down my spine.

"If you treasure your life, leave my sister's sight." Another soft yet cold voice said. That's pretty badass for a voice of that kind.

Despite what both the girls said, I heard a gun shot. Silence filled the air after the guard fired.

"I dont know if your deaf or just an idiot. Didn't you hear what I say?."

"You lost your chance, so-"

"Die, human scum." A louder explosion than before followed after one of them said that.
What the fuck are these girls? They should be harmed too, by the sound of that explosion.

"Fujita Asuga." I felt a chill go down my spine. Behind me?

'Its not me, no.'

"Fujita Asuga, you've killed 13 people so far. Most of them were famous celebrities who hid their hideous fair share of crimes. Yet, you're in this cell, waiting for death to come." I turned around and saw two short girls, they looked like twins.

These two are the ones who fucking infiltrated this place?

"And, who are you guys?" I took a step back but hit the wall.

"There's no need to be afraid of my sister. We have no ill intent and are just here to deliver a message." The girl on the left said. This shit is too fucking cliche.

"We are the killer twins of the Killer Circle. Ikeda Aina-" The girl on the right said.

"And Ikeda Ainu." The girl on the left continued.

"We are here to invite you to join the growing association of the Killer Circle." They said at the same time.

Killer circle?

Killer twins? These kids have killed people?

'Well you did hear that explosion from earlier right?'

And what are they here for? Are they here to get me out? Or is there some other motive?

"You have received an invitation from the Heralds of the East. Will you accept, or not? Killer Fujita Asuga?"

***

Bet you didn't expect Asuga to appear again xD. Well here she is. I'll try to find time to edit chapter one cuz I know it's shit. I'm gonna update whenever I write something decent so expect the next chapter this week maybe.

Edit:
Since this chapter has twin lolis, here's a video from YouTube that's blessed, cursed, and epic at the same time.