Chapter 10 : A Liquidator's Strength

January 24, 2036

Fujita Asuga

"Do you really want to know the difference between Liquidators and ordinary killers that bad?" He cracked his knuckles.

"Isn't that the purpose of this fight?" I raised my eyebrow. There's no way I'm gonna lose to some kid.

"You caught on really fast." He smirked. "But are you fast enough to surpass my speed?" He did a fighting stance and signaled me to come at him. Like I'd make a fatal mistake like that.

"No one can defeat my speed. Why do you think I was called the Utili- ACK!" I didn't get to finish my sentence as I got kicked in the ribs. What? How did he kick me?

I fell down on my knees and doubled over in pain. Was he really the one who kicked me? I looked back at the round table and saw the other 6 looking back at me.

"Thing is, you never know when your eyes are deceiving you." I heard him speak from behind. Behind me? How did he get there without me noticing?

I looked back and saw him standing smugly. "Now that you don't have your weapon, will you surrender?" He yawned. Wait, he doesn't have my weapon do-

I looked at my hands and realized the weapon was indeed snatched from me.

"H-how?" I stuttered, unable to believe what just happened. I didn't feel a thing! How did he get my weapon from me? How did he achieve that speed?

Was I just slow to begin with?

No, I'm pretty fast for an ordinary human. Police couldn't even catch up to me, nor hit me with their bullets.

Then is he just insanely fast? But he's still a kid!

"I think you've realized the difference between ordinary killers and Liquidators by now." I looked back at him and saw him smirking.

'Aren't you sick of that smug look on his face?'

'Why don't you just go wild for now? Let me take over and I could kill this bastard for you.'

No. Stop it. This is not the time.

"Ready to surrender, human scum?"

'That was easier than expected. I guess you don't even need me huh.'

"DON'T CALL ME HUMAN SCUM! I DIDN'T TRAIN TO ACHIEVE THIS SPEED FOR NOTHING."

Kill him, kill him, kill him.

I NEED TO CUT HIS HEAD OFF.

I lost all reasoning and charged at him at an insane speed. My fist, ready to hit his face any second.

WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO NOW, "THE TRICKSTER"?

My fist almost hit him but he was able to block my attack. A loud explosion was heard when my fist touched his palm.

Tch. Damn kid. He actually blocked my punch.

"A- are you sure she's not a Liquidator Aia-chan?" I looked at his hand and saw it bleeding. Then I looked at his face, showing an expression of astonishment and surprise.

"Told you."

"Onee-chan, can I play with you again?" He retracted his fist and gave me back the knife. "Come on, let's continue fighting!"

"You can't play with her anymore Youta. Any more and you'll end up killing her." I felt a hand on my shoulder. "She will be a really valuable asset for us. And we could finally have a new killer that's more mature than you." Aia pointed at Youta.