Chapter 9 : The Seven Bastions

January 24, 2036

Fujita Asuga

"If it were up to Aina, I would never invite human scum to the Killer Circle." The girl on the right said. Wow her way of speaking suddenly changed.

"If Aina will talk like that, she will surely be punished by Aia okaa-san." The girl on the left remarked. "Ainu is scared of Aia okaa-san."

"Aia okaa-san can't hear us right now. Should we just leave this human scum? It's not replying at all." Aina, the girl on the right said.

"Um, before I accept your invitation, could you tell me why exactly am I being invited to this so called Killer Circle, and how the hell did two high school girls infiltrate a heavily guarded prison." I said.

"If you come with Aina and meet The Seven Bastions, you'll understand the situation you're in." Aina said.

"What if I won't go?"

"Aina, Aina, Ainu thinks the human scum doesn't understand how much of an honor it is to meet the Bastions." Ainu said.

"It seems like you're right Ainu. Should Aina just leave her right here? Or should Aina kill her now?"

"Woah calm down. And please stop calling me human scum. Both of you are human too." I defended.

"Aina and Ainu are not ordinary humans like you think. We are killing machines trained by the Killer Circle. But for now, Aina and Ainu's mission is to get you safely." Aina said.

"If that's the case, then don't kill me." I said.

"And can I at least get a short explanation before we go to this Killer Circle?"

"If human scum says so, Ainu can explain." Ainu said. I just told you to stop calling me human scum. "Aia okaa-san took some interest about you. It seems like Aia okaa-san wants to make you an official killer."

"I am an official killer." I raised my eyebrows. "A killer in prison."

"You call yourself a killer?" Aina remarked. "That's exactly how human scum would boast."

"There is a huge difference between people like you and official killers." Ainu said. "Ainu is an official killer, or in other words-"

"Ainu is a Liquidator."

"Aina is also a Liquidator."

"And what is the difference between killers like me and these so called Liquidators?" I raised my eyebrow.

They didn't get to reply as we hear an explosion, not too far from where we were.

"You need to come with us now." Aina grabbed me and threw me onto her shoulder.

"Hey! Don't just grab me out of nowhere." How the hell is she even carrying me with her frail body?

"Knock her out Ainu. She doesn't need to see this yet." Knock me out? See what?

"Alright sister."

"Wait who do you th-"

***

Ah. Guess I got knocked out huh.

'At least you could still talk to me.'

I am not the least bit happy to have to talk to you.

'We both know you're glad.'

'Told you everything would change.'

I don't know where you're getting that confidence from, but I will never succumb to your goals.