21 | Daisies

^I refer to blue daisies in this chapter. They are in fact real, and here's one above. They're also known as 'Felicia amelloides'.

~~~

. * ~Heart of flowers, room of blood... . * ~

~~~

My hint is one word: Hanahaki.
Be warned.
Enjoy! Love ya <3 ~ Owl

~~~

-Zak's POV-

Zelkam's status must've really been dented for there to be a party on a Tuesday night. Either that, or he's just had a bad Monday. That guy doesn't seem to need an excuse to hold a party. I don't know how he's allowed to have so many. I know his parents work abroad a lot, but do they not know what goes on at home?

Either way, I'm at yet another party of his. Two in four days. We kind of need to be at every one of them to succeed in our plan, everything helps at this stage.

We're hoping to find dirt on a guy, without knowing there's actually any there to be discovered in the first place. I mean, he is Zelkam, life of the party and the cool kids' sweetheart.

I can't believe I was like that once...

I still am in a way. My reputation still proceeds me, and people still are friendly to me only because of it. It's both a blessing and a curse.

Sometimes it's great, people side with you because of your popularity despite the fact they've never spoken to you. But sometimes it's awful, when people pick fights with you just to try and boost their own reputation when they beat you.

That's even more common for me, considering I'm the most popular kid in our grade, and those in the year above take me to be 'an easy reputation boost'. That and I'm a seventeen year old boy, but I barely scrape 5'8 and I'm not exactly built very big either. Half of that's my own fault I guess.

{note: the way I've separated their year groups is anyone born in the 21st century irl (eg Skeppy, a6d..) is the younger year and anyone in the 20th century (eg Zelk, Bad, Dream...) is the older year.
Just thought that needs clearing up as Skeppy and Zelk are both 20 irl when I'm writing this}

I throw on my once electric blue hoodie, which is now faded to a duller sky blue. It's the only hoodie I have that isn't Darryl's, so it's the one I'm always wearing to the parties.

Sometimes I'm nervous that people realise I wear the same hoodie consecutively, but does anyone honestly care enough to say anything?

All of my clothes are still awful from Saturday. I wasn't intending to be using them again until the following Saturday, so I hadn't bothered washing them yet. Of course I had to sort my bag, which is extremely battered. The appliqués are still holding up pretty well, but you can tell some designs are faded a different colour from dirt or even worse.

I hate to admit that I do enjoy the parties when the pressure of Zelk isn't around. If I wasn't there for a specific purpose and had to devote my time and energy to that, then I'd probably go to the parties just for my own enjoyment.

I wasn't lying when I told Zelk I'd never show up to one of his parties (that's by my own choice), because I'd just go to someone else's. Different people host them on different days, it just happens to be that Zelk's are always Saturday nights. That and Zelk's are always by far the busiest and most popular.

That was, until recently. His parties have been noticeably declining in popularity, some people not wanting to talk to him at them or around school. It's his own fault really, and I'm glad that part of my job has been done for me.