07:

"What did I tell you about punctuality huh?" Kibum lashed out on Taeyong as soon as he arrived at the studio. Taeyong could only lower his head to save him from embarrassment. He stood in front of ten other people, only to be scolded by their instructor. Some whispered at each other, possibly intrigued about the newbie's stubbornness. "I told you to give your best efforts kid. And I don't want any late attendance."

"S-Something just came up. It w-won't happen again." Taeyong stuttered. Kibum's words don't fully sink in his mind due the incident that happened a few minutes ago. "Stop asking people to be friends with you. You look pathetic." He remembered Seulgi's response and it irked him.

That was the rudest thing to say to someone. Do girls usually shift their moods like that?

Kibum folded his arms on his chest. "I'm giving you a last chance kid." Then he ogled Taeyong, who already met his eyes, sharply. "If you'll blow this one up then I'll gladly accept a replacement for you."

Aish. I'm having regrets now. It could've been better if Seulgi didn't act like that...well maybe? Now both my instructor and roommate are killing me.

"I'll do better." Taeyong promised, trying to look at his best. I cannot lose this job. Jaehyun, I can't right? This is your dream for us.

"Where were you the past ten minutes then?" Kibum asked with authority. The other curious trainees gazed at him too.

Tayeong felt his tongue get twisted and hus throat ran dry. He never thought of an excuse when he went to the studio. "W-Wait-"

"Why stutter? Cat got your tongue?"

"A-At the rooftop sir." He admitted.

"Do you smoke?" Kibum probed. He knew that that area was for shooting music videos only. Trainees or any other staff weren't advised to hang there, not unless if the staff is a smoker.

"I-Uhh-" Taeyong battles his thoughts. That was a cutthroat question. Should I tell him or should I lie? This is hard. I might lose my job. "I-It's b-because-" Taeyong, come on man!

All of a sudden, the studio's door opened and, "Kibum-ah, may I talk to you?" A voice stops Taeyong's answer and came along a jet black haired doll with an expressionless face. "Now." She ordered, eyes blank.

"Seulgi, this is not your domain." Kibum walked towards her and grinned. "What is it?"

Seulgi glanced at Taeyong for a second before giving Kibum a signal to talk outside. Kibum got the gesture and went with Seulgi. He had known her for a number of years and it was pretty unusual for Seulgi to come to his training ground even though if it's just a request. She would typically just message him.

Taeyong quietly strolled to his seat. Why is she here? Was she friends with my instructor?

A few seconds passed by and Kibum entered the room. Taeyong's eyes were still stuck on the door, waiting for Seulgi to come inside again. "Okay guys, let's start our lessons shall we?" Kibum instructs everyone in the room and noticed Taeyong who looked disturbed.

"Lee!" He called out that diverted the boy's attention. "I have an assignment for you." Gulping, Taeyong stood up and went to Kibum while holding a piece of paper. "I want you to write a song about one of your biggest mysteries in life."