14:

(tb) – means flashback

Italicized – point of view

--

"Where have you been?" That was Park Chanyeol's greeting upon seeing Seulgi enter the practice room. To him, she looked quite worn out. "I had to extend the kids' break time because you're late." The choreographer only gave him an eye roll. "Call them again. It's that simple. I'll just register it to my attendance—"

"Your eyes are swollen."

Seulgi can't help it but to flick her tongue. She couldn't believe her eyes, "Are we seriously going to have this fucking conversation right now?" She was deadass staring at him, looking very irritated. Chanyeol got a hint that she may have cried and he does not like the idea that's forming inside his head. "A-Are you perhaps from the rooftop—"

"Call the kids. Let's start." Seulgi would always cut off their talks, especially whenever it goes like this.

"Seulgi," Chanyeol called out and walked towards Seulgi, towering her with his mighty height. "You can tell me." He urged. "You've always avoided me, declined my invitations and just deadpan me. Why can't you let me in your life again?"

Seulgi's face frowned in disgust. She flinched and inched herself away while whispering, "And not a single fuck was given." Chanyeol and Seulgi used to be friends back during her first days at SM and that friendship did eventually blossom into a workplace romance—but Seulgi got a hang on it when one day she realized that her feelings weren't that strong for him and that she just wanted a companion—not a lover. Putting up with bravery, she tried to understand him but then on realized that Chanyeol maybe not worthy of it after he saw her breakdowns but only to walk away—she's done.

Seulgi remembered that one time when Chanyeol kept on pestering her and got into a big fight with him. Chanyeol chased her to the elevator and demanded her to let out her feelings to maybe help her to be at ease—only for the moment to be broken when Lee Taeyong caught them both.

Chanyeol couldn't deny that Seulgi was still someone special for him and that he was a jerk. He was both friends with her and Kibum. But he also couldn't hide the developing jealousy after learning about Seulgi's connection with the rookie lyricist Lee Tayeong.

Seulgi was always cool on the outside but inside, her demons did control her and Chanyeol killed the chance to help her sort herself—she's always had that negative vibes.

"Did you meet him?" Chanyeol cannot control his mouth since he felt that she was seeing him after all. He knew that the rooftop was actually her sanctuary but after seeing him with the rookie? Are they making that place a dating site?

Seulgi never wanted a roommate at her mother's apartment even though he applied to be. She denied him and Kibum—wanted to no one into her life. But then this boy suddenly appeared like a magical Saint and he's her roommate. Chanyeol thought and it was enough for him to burst the bubble. He even got a chance to talk to the boy and he hated Taeyong's innocence. "He's gone right? He left your apartment—"

"Park," Seulgi tried to be patient. "Call the kids now." She emphasized the last word and put both of her hands on her waist. "You're wasting our time."

"Stop avoiding me!" Chanyeol couldn't handle it anymore and exclaimed, eyes grew big. "Even when I tried to take care of you at your apartment you've always wanted me out of the picture—"