Part 71

Making his way towards his office, he glared at everyone who looked at him. He was furious, and murder was the only thing in his mind - and he wanted to murder one person - watch the life squeeze out of that bastard's body that is!!

There he was, going back home, when his phone had rung - a call from his assistant.

"What is it?" Abhi hissed the moment he reached Riya's desk.

She didn't speak, but with shaking hands, passed him an envelope.

"Who dropped it here?" Abhi hissed at Riya.

"Don't... Don't know... It... Was at my desk... When I came back...from lunch.." Riya stuttered, trembling like a leaf.

And he hadn't expected any better from her, as he looked at the envelope, for the sender's name was written over it -

'From - Naina Raichand's husband Anand
To - Mr. Abhimanyu Singhania'

"Check the CCTV.... find it's trail... and fucking don't disturb me unless you have some info on who left this letter here" Abhi hissed at her, to which she nodded.

He was breathing hard, and Riya looked at him, biting her lip, pondering on whether to question him or not.

"Naina Raichand's husband??" she couldn't help but ask, knowing well that she was poking a hungry lion here.

"Apparently!" Abhi scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"So... are you and... Naina Raichand.... are you... over??" she bit her lip as Abhi turned to raise his eyebrow at her.

The fury in his eyes alone made Riya take a couple of steps back, making him smirk slightly.

"I don't know what you're talking about?? I know only of a Naina Singhania... not any Naina Raichand" Abhi hissed, making her jump.

"But.." she bit her lip.

Abhi glared at Riya before walking to his office, the envelope clutched tightly in his hand. His hands shook with rage - the word husband was taunting him, and more over, that bastard had underlined it?? What the fuck was he? A school kid to underline important facts in his notebooks?!

But almost throwing the letter on his desk, he pondered - to open the letter, or not?

He took the envelope and felt it - it felt like it contained a card?

At the same moment, his phone beeped, making him jump.

'It's not a bomb.. well not any literal bomb I mean... go ahead and open it' - the message was from Anand, like Abhi knew it would be.

And clenching his jaw tightly, he almost opened the envelope, but shaking his head, he threw the envelope back onto his desk, wondering - should he open it or not??

But curiosity got the better off of him, making him open the seal on the envelope.

A folded letter was inside and what seemed to be a couple of photographs inside the letter as well.

Abhi opened the letter, but froze as his eyes fell on the picture that was kept between the folds of the letter - a picture of a young man, with a pretty girl - his girl!

This picture must surely have been taken when Naina was in her late teenage years, for Naina looked so much younger, and that young man... he looked a bit familiar - with a lean body and a happy young face, he was leaning into Naina, his arm protectively around her waist and his lips on her cheek.

Naina looked so much happy in that picture - Abhi frowned, for he had never seen her this happy ever. Or had he?

Pulling out his phone, he flicked his gallery to that picture of their wedding - the precise moment when Abhi had put the mangalsutra around her neck. She was looking into his eyes and he was looking back at her, and the glint in her eyes.... Abhi's heart skipped several beats - that glint in her eyes was the same glint that shone in this old photograph.