Part 70

'One step closer'

And Naina walked towards Abhi, making his breath get hitched in his lungs.

'I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more'

And Abhi's eyes welled with tears - love?

But Naina was standing in front of him now, just one more step and her body would touch his.

But the song stopped and so did Naina, standing in front of him, looking into his eyes, a coy smile playing on her lips, and a beautiful blush Coloring his cheeks.

"I.. love... You.." she whispered finally, the first time that she'd ever said those words to him!!

Abhi blinked - he was surely dreaming, wasn't he?

The song however continued, and Abhi's breath hitched in his throat. It seemed that he had forgotten to think, because he felt rather dazed.

'Time stands still
Beauty in all she is

I will be brave

I will not let anything, take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath, every hour has come to this'

But...

'One step closer'

And Naina took another step, her body just brushing against Abhi's and the song stopped again.

Another inch, and they'd kiss. Abhi blinked - it had been a long time since her taken her in his arms, sniffed her hair, breathed in her fragrance and just forgotten the world with her arms around him!

"I am not here to seek apology or to propose to you..." Naina's soft voice brought him to reality - a rather beautiful and almost dream-like reality.

"I am here to ask you for a chance..." Naina trailed off, looking up at Abhi, waiting for him to react.

But he was lost to her - of how sweet her voice was, of her sweet fragrance, but most of all, that unknown light in her eyes - something he'd never seen before.

"I know you're trying to move on by dating someone else..." She trailed off, that light in her eyes replaced by another feeling Abhi had never seen there before - jealously. And her eyes turned glassy taking Abhi by surprise.

But Naina pursed her lips and chewed on her tongue - to stop herself from howling insults at whoever this chudail was - the woman who was trying to woo her husband.

"But I'm here to ask you for once chance... once chance for you and me..." Naina sighed.

Abhi almost smiled at how cute Naina could get, and almost jumped in happiness - nobody had ever wooed him! And here, the love of his life was standing in front of him looking so.... delicious.... Wooing him, asking him for a chance at their relationship.

All girls ever did was throw themselves at him - gave him sexual favors. But nobody ever had wooed him. Nobody had ever given him their heart!! And here the love of his life was offering her heart - she wanted to renew their relationship!!

He almost jumped in joy and almost agreed. But...

"One chance?" He raised his eyebrow, stunned a little at how hoarse his voice sounded to him compared to her sweet voice!

"Hmm... One chance... Let me take you out on three dates... That's one chance to renew our relationship" she whispered, looking expectantly at him.