It Begins pt2

They done really well. Fauna was a bit scared because of the heights, causing the time to be a little slower. Paul smashed through it and encouraged Fauna to do it too. As much as I was happy for them, we needed to be faster. I know Snake Rock, the bad camp, is no joke. Its horrible.

It was our turn. I had to get all the even numbered ones. Perri had to get the odd numbered ones. I am excited to do this because the last time I done something like this I was sixteen and I loved it. I could tell Perri is a bit nervous so I gave him a quick smile before the klaxon went off. The first two were easy to get as it wasn't that windy and they were closer to the ladder. The third and fourth ones were a bit harder to reach, causing me to lean off of the ladder to reach it. Perri manages to reach all of them but is a bit shaky. It gets to the end one and I just cannot reach it. 

"I can't get it!" I shout over to Perri, "It's too far away." Why does it have to be me dragging people down? It's not even like I'm scared, it's just I'm too small!

"You can do it Em!" I hear him say. That gives me a bit more confidence. "Just lean a bit further. You're so close!"

I reach as far as I can but then decide the only way I am going to get this is if I let go of the ladder with my hands. I wrap my legs around the bars as tight as I can and let go. I hear everyone gasp. I grab the flag and link it to my belt. The timer stops. All I could think of is that I've ruined our chances of winning. 

Once we get back to the ground, we gather around.

"I'm so sorry, I've ruined it," I say to Perri, bringing my hands to my head.

"Don't be stupid," he replies, pulling me into a hug, "It's not your fault."

"We can confirm the team with the quickest time is..." Ant starts. The pause feels like years.

"Red Team!" Dec finished. I feel Perri tighten his grip around me.

"See! I knew we done it," he says, breaking away and looking at me.

"How?" I reply jokingly.

The two teams get into separate helicopters and we are taken to a field. There are four people standing on it. Two boys, two girls. I recognise two of them.

"Do you recognise all of them?" I ask him.

"I think so, yeah," he responds, "Do you?"

"I know Didi Conn and Piers Morgan, that's it," I say, "Is there one you really want?"

"Yeah, Lance Dunkley. He's a footballer and I think he would be good in the team," he replies.

"Okay, I really really want Didi. Who's the other person though?" I ask.

"I think it's Kristy Collins from Love Island but I don't know for sure. So Lance and Didi?" he asks.

I nod my head.

"I'll go get them," He says. He gets out of the helicopter and wait about a minuet and he's back with them. 

"Hi," I welcome them.

"Hello, I'm Didi!" Didi says in her happy tone.

"I'm Emily, it's nice to meet you," I say smiling. I am meeting Frenchy from the original cast of Grease!

"You too!" she relies.

The conversations carry on. I introduce myself to Lance then Perri explains the situation we are in and what we have done. I sit there a little awkwardly as I'm quite a shy person and don't know what to say.

We eventually land in a clearing. There's two boxes about two metres away from each other. Didi has to stand at one box and Lance at the other. Lance has to find five tokens, pass them to me, I pass them to Perri and he gives them to Didi. She has to put the tokens in the correct size slot. The team that does it the quickest get to choose their last team mate. I have a lot of hope. The klaxon went off. Lance puts his hand in the box, very hesitantly. He feels around and screams.