Day 6

It was pitch black and I was just about to fall asleep, but I turn to my side and see the sun start rising. Ugh not again, I think. I decide once again to go to the tree platform and lay on the bench, watching the sun rise. I start to think about my family and how much I miss them. I know they will be watching me, even my grandparents. They don't really like the show but because I'm in it I know they would.

"Hey," I hear someone say quietly behind me, it's Perri.

"Morning," I reply, sitting up so he could sit on the bench too.

"You can lay down again," he suggests and I do so, resting my head on his lap, "You weren't kidding that it's beautiful."

"I know," I agree, "I was just about to fall asleep but I saw it start to rise so I thought I'd come up here again."

"You didn't sleep again?" he asks.

"Not at all," I state.

"Look at me," he says. I roll over, now facing up so I could see him. "I told you to come over to me when you can't sleep!"

"To be honest, I didn't realise how long I had just been laying down, thinking," I explain.

"Fair enough. What was you thinking about?" he questions.

"Family," I answer, rolling onto my side so he can't see my face because I feel my eyes start to water up.

"It's okay to cry about it, Em," he says, rubbing his thumb across my arm, "You don't have to hide it." 

"Okay," I reply, staring at the vibrant colours plastered across the sky.

"Is it your mum and dad your missing the most?" he asks.

"My mum, tonnes. All I want to say about my dad is that he left when I was 12 and I haven't spoken to him since I was 17," I explain, wiping away a tear that escaped.

"I'm sorry," he says.

"Nah, it's fine. It's just life, I guess. I was the one who decided to stop speaking to him anyway," I  state.

"I would ask why," he answers.

"And I would tell you if we weren't on TV," I reply, with a little laugh.

"I like these conversations with you up here. You seem the most relaxed, more you," he says.

"If I'm honest, I'm only just discovering who I am. I always get to caught up with my role that I just become that character and a zombie when I'm not," I joke.

"Just take in all the spare time you have while we're in here. As soon as we come out, it's going to be manic," he points out.

"That's a good point," I agree. 

We look down to the camp and realise everyone else is up and breakfast is being cooked so we go down and join them. While we were eating breakfast I actually join into a conversation other than just listening in.

"How's sleeping on the floor, Ryan?" I ask, it still bothers me.

"Being honest, not the best," he answers, "I got a couple of hours last night"

"I feel bad, you know," I say, "The only time I've actually slept is when I'm with Perri."

"Don't feel bad, seriously it's fine. Lance and I were talking about taking turns," he explains.

"Ah okay," I reply. Great, now another person who will make me feel bad.

We all finish our food and soon enough Ant and Dec arrive to tell us what is happening today.