Day 2

I lay, staring at the stars. I wonder if I will actually going to sleep or not. I hear all the crickets and animals moving in the distance. The sound of the water trickling is calming but not enough for me to fall asleep. At one point, I quietly move and rest my back against a tree and just take in the surrounds around me. It is such a beautiful place to be.

After hours and hours, the sun begins to rise. The stars disappear and a pretty ombre of red to yellow is plastered onto the sky. I was soon snapped out of that trance by Perri waking up. Everyone else was still asleep.

"Morning," I whisper.

"Morning, I thought I would be the first one up," he replies.

"You were," I say. He looked at me a little confused. "I didn't sleep,"

"Not at all?" He asks, surprise. I shake my head. He moves over to the tree I'm sat at and sits next to me. "Were you sat here all night?" he questions.

"Pretty much," I reply, still whispering, not wanting to wake the others up.

"You seemed pretty distant when we ca,e into camp yesterday, are you okay now?" he asks, looking directly into my eyes.

"Umm, yeah. It just takes me a while to feel comfortable around people. I'm quite a shy person," I reply.

"Even though you go onstage and perform?" he asks, a little confused.

"That's the one time when I feel confident, when I'm Elle," I pause and realise I'm never going to play her anymore, "I guess I just like to be someone who I'm not."

Perri goes to say something but the other members of the camp start to wake up.

"Good morning guys, who's ready for the first trial!" Didi says in her same bubbly voice.

"I wonder who it will be," Lance questions while yawning and stretching his arms. 

We all got up and dressed. We had breakfast, rice and beans, like normal. We were sat around talking when we started to hear voices coming closer to the same. There were a couple of camera men before they entered. It was Ant and Dec to tell us who will be doing the trail. I kind of hope it's me so I can get out of camp for a little while. I always thought the trials looked fun too. 

"Good morning camp mates!" Ant says in a cheery voice.

"The public have been voting who is going to do 'Little house on the scary' the first bushtucker trial of this series," Dec continues. 

"Leah, it's not you," Ant says.

"Lance, it might be you," 

"Perri, it's not you" I see Perri sigh in relief.

"Didi, it's not you"

"So that means Emily, it might be you"

"The person taking on 'Little house on the scary' is... Lance. We will see you in the trial clearing shortly," Dec states and they walk away. I look over to Lance and see that he seems really really scared.

"It's going to be fine," "Just do the best you can," "It'll be over before you know it," they all comfort him.

"I honestly hoped it would be me," I say to him

"It's fine," he replies. They start to discuss what the trial could be about from the name. I just lie down and rest a little as I didn't get any sleep. 

After a few minutes of staring at the sunlight in between the leaves above me, Perri comes over to me. "You trying to sleep?" he asks.

"Not necessarily," I say, looking at him, squinting my eyes a little from the light.