04 | trouble awaits

His grip tightened to the point where escape seemed impossible

His grip tightened to the point where escape seemed impossible. Tears welled up and streamed down my face, blurring my vision. I couldn't let anyone find out.

I couldn't afford to tell anyone, not if it meant putting my parents' lives in danger. Alpha Leon, I'm sorry, but you can't see these scars. With that thought, darkness engulfed me.

 With that thought, darkness engulfed me

"Lift up your shirt!" I roared at her. She was clearly hiding something from me, and I was determined to uncover the truth.

When she collided into me, her face contorted in pain, and the tears welled up in her eyes. She struggled against my grip, but I was unyielding, keeping her in place. She was my mate, and I needed to understand what was tormenting her.

As she remained silent, I felt her strength wane. She was defying my command, which infuriated me. How dare she defy the Alpha!

Before I knew it, she fainted right before my eyes. "Look what you've done, Leon," my wolf, Hunter, scolded me. In response, I shut him out. "John, fetch the pack doctor immediately," I ordered, snapping out of my daze.

I had messed up terribly. My intention was never to hurt her; I just needed to know what had happened to her. Whoever had harmed her would pay dearly.

The pack doctor arrived within minutes and examined her while I anxiously waited outside.

"She's fine, just exhausted. I've given her a brief check-up. If she doesn't wake up soon, take her to the hospital for a more comprehensive examination. Please let her rest. I'll take my leave now, Alpha," the pack doctor reported, bowing before leaving.

Charlotte lay peacefully in her bed, sleeping. I sighed and returned to my room. If she wouldn't confide in me, I would have to find out the truth on my own.

I wanted to know what had happened to her, but I also realized I was invading her privacy, especially considering we hadn't even marked each other yet.

"Leon, why are you even thinking about her?" I chided myself. I was supposed to be the feared Alpha who didn't care about anyone, let alone some mate I had never wanted.

I shook my head, focusing on my indifference. Yes, that was better. I pulled up my covers and drifted off to sleep.

In my dreams, I tried to envision her as a submissive mate, obediently following my orders. It was a forced dream, a way to distance myself from any emotions.

But I was abruptly awoken by loud noises outside my room. John burst in, bearing news of rogue attackers invading our territory.

"They're everywhere on our land, Alpha Leon! We have warriors battling them as we speak, and all the pregnant women and children are being evacuated to safety," John reported breathlessly.

"But what about the Luna?" he added, concern etched on his face.

vote, comment and follow me for more updates!! ♡︎

rose,
xoxo