39 | endless

"Where the hell is this place!" I roared in frustration

Another picture of Charlotte in a horrific state arrived, shattering my heart and stoking a burning rage within me.

I swiftly responded to the sender, demanding the location, but they replied with more gruesome images of Charlotte.

I couldn't handle this alone. I needed help.

I dialed the number and held the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" the voice on the other end answered.

"Come back immediately! Charlotte has been kidnapped, and I can't locate her! Please, do whatever it takes. Be back in 5 hours," I pleaded desperately.

"What! How could she be kidnapped when the both of you are always together!" the person scolded.

"I made a mistake. I locked her up in the dungeon; it's a long story. Just come back, Lily," I explained.

Lily had left months ago to train her fighting skills, a commitment that would keep her away for a year. It had been a tough choice between her and John, but eventually, he had supported her decision to pursue her passion.

I had to call her back because I desperately needed her help to find Charlotte.

Since childhood, Lily had memorized nearly every inch of our territory and had an exceptional sense of direction. I hoped she could assist me in pinpointing Charlotte's location.

After ending the call, I returned to the picture sent to me, attempting to discern any clues about the place. However, my thoughts were consumed by worry for Charlotte. She was supposed to be the one kidnapped, not me.

A text message from the same sender appeared: "I will be taking her powers in 5 hours. Just a reminder, during the process, she might die. If I were you, I would hurry to figure this place out and save her."

Powers? What powers? Did Charlotte possess some form of supernatural ability? It seemed that this person was luring me there intentionally, but it didn't matter—I was determined to save her.

"Any updates?" I asked John.

"No Alpha. We still haven't located Luna," John replied.

"Damn it!" I shouted, kicking a table across the room in frustration. My thoughts were consumed by her; she was driving me to the brink. She couldn't die.

Several hours later, Lily arrived. I filled her in on what had happened, enduring her stern scolding before pleading with her to help locate Charlotte.

"Hmm... this place seems familiar," she said.

"You recognize it?" I asked, hope glimmering in my eyes.

She zoomed in on the picture of the surroundings and noticed some scribbling on the wall. Squinting, she suddenly stood up.

"I know where this is! It's a place I used to go with my friends when we were younger to scribble on the walls. Those scribbles are from a few years back," she declared.

"Where is it? Let's go there now!" I urged.

We followed her lead into the forest, accompanied by all our warriors. The person clearly anticipated a confrontation, but I had complete confidence in my pack.

We eventually arrived at an abandoned building with blacked-out windows, surrounded by overgrown bushes. The door was unlocked and slightly ajar, and I spotted Charlotte on the floor, blood pooling around her.

My heart clenched as I cautiously entered the building, finding no one else nearby. The moment I stepped inside, an alarm sounded, and the door slammed shut, trapping me inside.

I tried to open the door and kick it down, but it wouldn't budge.

My warriors and Lily were left outside, unable to enter.

"Well, Mr. Leon, you took your sweet time," a deep voice taunted.

I didn't recognize the individual, but he had numerous tattoos on his arms and held a silver knife.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Austin, Charlotte's ex-mate," he announced.

Austin? How had he found Charlotte?

Fury coursed through me as I balled my fists. My eyes turned red as I could feel my inner wolf surging to the surface.

"Why so tense? Unless you know about what I did to Charlotte last time?" he inquired, raising an eyebrow.

His attention shifted to Charlotte as he approached her.

"You told him about me, didn't you? What did I say about telling people!" he shouted at her.

I lunged toward them but was intercepted by a group of people who overpowered me. They dragged me to a remote corner and tied me up

"I will let you enjoy the pain of watching your mate suffer in front of your very own eyes, while I take over your whole pack." He smirked.

He wants my pack, but he sure will not get it. My pack is way stronger than he thinks.

He slashed Charlotte's stomach and within seconds, a deep red cut was formed. Blood continued to drip out as I saw her barely move.

Her eyes had dark eye circles and she seemed like life was sucked out of her. Her screams when he sliced her was barely audible.

I struggled to free myself from the confining ropes, yearning to move closer and reach Charlotte. However, two vigilant men flanked me, preventing any escape.

Outside, the warriors and Lily pounded on all the windows and doors, their desperate attempts to gain entry apparent. Though they couldn't discern the ongoing events inside, I had a clear view of the situation.

As I surveyed my surroundings, I couldn't help but wonder: What had brought about this harrowing turn of events?

Really didn't think that I would be able to update on time as I started losing interest in writing and wattpad.

But I found back the state after taking a little break, and here I am with the new update.

Vote,comment and follow me for more updates!! ♡︎

rose,
xoxo