FOURTEEN

Inaaya

"Pain."

Edward fell down in agony and I moved my head trying to find the source of it, Bella took a few steps forward and closed her eyes concentrating, she was a shield! Edward slowly stood up, pain free and walked towards Bella who smirked at the Volturi, especially at Jane. I felt pride watching Bella protect us with her gift, I felt my tail wag, trying to contain it, I stomped my paw on the snowy floor.

'Aya, cut it out.' -Sam

'Sorry can't control it, look at her! She's met her match.' -Aya

Jane started moving forward furiously but the boy next to her grabbed her arm stopping her, the Volturi looked at each other then looked at us, Sam growled and I followed, so did some of their wolves. The boy that had grabbed Jane opened his hand and black fog came out of it, I looked at it in confusion but Aro raised his hand and he stopped, the black fog returning and going away, Leah snarled at him.

"Aro, you see there's no law broken here."Carlisle said breaking the tense atmosphere that was going on,"Agreed."Aro nodded,"But does it then follow that there is no danger?"He started and walked forward,"For the first time in our history, human pose a threat to our kind. Their modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us. Maintaining our secret, has never been more imperative."Aro turned around and smirked at the people he was with,"In such perilous times, only the known is safe. Only the known is tolerable and we know nothing of what this child will become. Can we live with such uncertainty? Spare ourselves a fight today, only to die tomorrow."Aro concluded and it was silent for a second before he gasped looking behind us.

I turned around,"Alice."Edward had said, the same time Aro did, she walked straight passed us and up to Aro, they were grabbed by the guards, "We're so glad to see you here, after all"Aro smirked knowingly, "I have evidence the child won't be a risk to our kind, let me show you."Alice said holding out her hand, the guards let her go and she walked towards Aro, one of the guards slapped Jasper in the face and he grunted before struggling to get out of their hold.

_______

"It doesn't matter what I show you, even when you see. You still won't change your decision."Alice spoke annoyed, then she turned around and looked at Bella,"Now!"She whispered, Bella nodded and turned to Rosalie,"Take care of my daughter."Bella pleaded and Rosalie nodded, before turning around and speeding off,"Get them."One of the Volturi boys said and Alice did a side cart wheel kicking Aro into the air. We all watched in anticipation as he landed onto his feet sliding back, he dug his hand into the cold floor stopping himself, he breathed heavily as he was angry. Alice tried running but two guards had grabbed her,"Take her away."Aro snapped.