Chapter 48.

A/N: 

Aloha from it's been way too damn long town, population - me.

If you hadn't seen in posts on my message board, I had to get some updates done for my other stories, and I know it's been a lengthy month wait which I have never done with this story before BUT we're at the part of the story where it's gonna need...

If you hadn't seen in posts on my message board, I had to get some updates done for my other stories, and I know it's been a lengthy month wait which I have never done with this story before BUT we're at the part of the story where it's gonna need most of my attention from now on, so buckle in and thank you so so much for being so patient with something I know can be so frustrating.

I missed you all to the moon and back.

****

"Check yo self before you wreck yo self,

'Cause shotgun bullets are bad for your health"

Song: Check Yo Self  (Original Version) - Ice Cube

******

HARRY'S P.O.V:

"Hit me."

"Harry I'm not hitting you."

"This isn't going to work if you won't hit me. Or are you too scared, little mouse?"

Abby is standing in front of me with her arms folded in the middle of this empty lot behind an abandoned building, in an old industrial area; while Jimmy and Jacob are leant against Jimmy's car, with Jacob's bike parked next to it sharing a joint and watching us.

"I'm not scared, I just don't want to hurt you. I don't want to hit you," she huffs, and I bite back a laugh because by the look on her face she actually believes what she's saying.

That's cute.

I'm not a little bitch like Andy or David, she'd have to be able to throw a punch a lot harder than she did with them to hurt me. To be honest I'm more worried she's going to hurt herself trying.

It's been a week since I fucked some sense into her in that van, and at the very least she seems to be taking all of this more seriously now. I want her to have more independence, and I'm trying to help but I also know she doesn't have the first clue about what the type of monsters I've met could do to someone like her.

It keeps me up at night, like a lot of other things do.

She's had more of a glimpse of that world, and I still don't know if I have the heart to really tell her the things she's seen are like a kids cartoon compared to the horrors that had become as unremarkable and repetitive as making toast to me.

It's not her fault though, this is all still so new for her, how can I really expect her to be prepared for a life she's never experienced? Expect her to automatically go against her nature? I've known she's a gentle, kind and a peace not war type of person since I met her.