Chapter 6

A/N - Virgil x Alex UwU???

VIRGILS POV

I keep getting strange looks from everyone, I dont know if it's because of the letterman's jacket or if it's because I got hit and fell into a coma.

It was lunch and I was really fucking nervous. Then my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Hey Vir, I will meet you
at your locker so you
dont have to sit with us
alone.

Okay thank you Alex,
I am at my locker right
now.

I close my phone and exhale, everything will be fine. I look up and then 2 arms wrapped around my waist, I freeze. "Hey Vir." Alex says when makes his way in front of me.

"Hey Alex." I say back to him. I look into his rich green eyes, damn he is really cute. "Well let's go." Alex says to me. Lunch was my least favorite time of the day but maybe today will be different.

Alex takes my hand and we start walking towards the cafeteria. I haven't been in here for so long. We step into line. "Everything will be fine Virgil, and if it's not we can leave." Alex reassures me. I nod and we grab out trays.

It was time, we arrive at the popular kids table outside. Alex sits down to Bradley Cooper, the star basketball player. I sit down next to Alex and Trevor Gip who goes by TJ.

"Hey dudes, this is my friend Virgil!" Alex says to everyone, they all welcome me. I smile, "So how did you meet?" Silas asks. I look at Alex and he nudges me. "Um I was in the gym, play basketball, and Alex walked in." I say. I look down and my food and slightly push it away. TJ sees, "hey man you gonna eat that." I shake my head and push my tray closer to him.

"Is he any good?" Michael asks. "Damn this kid beat me while playing one on one." Alex says I smile.

"Well then let's play." Silas says standing up.

...

We finish our game, I made 10 baskets, all 3 pointers. "Damn kid, welcome to the team." Mr. Ray says to me. I freeze. "Wait what?" I ask.

"You wanna play basketball, welcome no one has ever made 10 3 pointers in 2 quarters of a game." Mr. Ray says to me. "Oh, um thank you!" I say to him.

"What's your name kid." He asks. I respond with my name. He looks down, "I'm sorry about your mom." He says patting me on the back. I nod and I look over to the team. They were all talking, I walk over to them.

"We were thinking about changing your name kid." TJ says. I make a questioning face. "V." Alex says wrapping his arm around me. "I like it." I say.

"That's great, well class is about to started we better get going." Michael says to everyone.