Chapter One

You got out of your brother's car after he parked it in the university's parking lot, immediately spotting your boyfriend and his friends on the other side, surrounded by girls as usual.

"See you later," your brother, Jongho, said, running to join his friends; your boyfriend, Park Seonghwa, happened to be one of them.

You rolled your eyes at how the eight boys, who call themselves "Ateez," enjoyed the attention they were getting. They became really popular last year after Yunho, Yeosang, San, Mingi, Wooyoung, and Jongho joined your university. Yeosang already knew Seonghwa and Hongjoong, and he introduced them to the other five, so that's pretty much how the eight boys came together. However, you did not expect your sweetest little brother to end up becoming like them, too.

You walked towards your department at KQ University---one of the most prestigious and toughest private university to get into. Most students here would've either gotten in through their perfect grades, or their parents payed thrice the amount to get them in.

Seonghwa noticed you heading into the building and immediately made his way towards you.

"Hey, baby!" he greets, putting the hood of his hoodie over his head. He pulled you into a hug once the hallway was filled with lesser people. You gave him an awkward smile while pulling away from his hug. He frowned, noticing how distant you've been these past few days.

Now, you loved Seonghwa. You fell in love with him and he didn't know that yet. He asked you out seven months ago after you both worked together on a project in your 2nd year of university. He was a complete gentleman to you even though he had a lot of attitude due to his popularity. Other than Ateez and your friends, no one else knew that you both were in a relationship; Seonghwa didn't want anyone else to know. You never understood why, but now it was clear to you: he'd lose all the attention he gets from all those girls who really just wanted to get into his pants. In fact, Seonghwa acted like as if you were a complete stranger at parties and whenever his fan-girls were around. You were okay with it initially, but as your feelings started getting stronger, you couldn't really stand it. You couldn't help but think that Seonghwa was really just using you.

"Good morning, Jena," your best friend says sleepily, plopping down on her usual seat beside you. She rested her head on the table, scrunching her eyes closed. "I hate hangovers," she groans.

"I told you not to drink on a Sunday night, Mirae," you state while scrolling through your social media on your phone. "You never listen to me."

"Whatever," she murmurs, making you chuckle while she banged her forehead against the wooden desk; she stops once your professor entered the classroom.

You tried to pay attention to the lecture, but you couldn't. You were thinking about Seonghwa and how he frowned when you pulled away from his hug. Seonghwa was extremely intelligent and knew when something was wrong. However, he only started noticing how distant you've been now, after nearly a month of you sort of ignoring him.

". . . so choose a partner for it. Make sure you start preparing for the tests in two weeks. That's all for today," your professor said before leaving the room.

You turned to look at Mirae with a confused expression. "What just happened?"

She raises an eyebrow. "You didn't pay attention? We just have a small assignment to do, and you're my partner, of course."

"Oh," you murmur. You knew small assignments were never as small as they claim it is, especially since you're a third year university student.

"You were thinking about Seonghwa, right?" Mirae asks, even though she knew the answer.

"How did you know?"

"You're my best friend, Jena, of course I would know," she said, rolling her eyes.

-

End of Chapter One.