Chapter Ten

Seonghwa took your hand to drag you away, but Hyunsang grabbed your other hand.

"Jena and I have to work on the seminar," he says while glaring at Seonghwa.

Seonghwa mirrored his glare. "I don't care."

"Our seminar is more important than your pathetic little ice-cream date."

"I'm sorry to interrupt but Jena and I have to go to her parents house," you heard someone say. You breathed a sigh of relief when Jungwoo appeared, saving you from the tense atmosphere. Seonghwa knew Jungwoo was lying, but he released your hand after seeing how uncomfortable you looked.

"Fine," Hyunsang says, releasing your hand as well, only to cup your cheek, pissing Seonghwa off more. "See you tomorrow then, sweetheart."

"That fucker," Seonghwa mutters under his breath as he watched Hyunsang leave.

~

"Thanks for saving me, Jungwoo," you say after he drops you home.

"Anytime," he smiles before he turned serious. "Jena, I know you're smart and all that, but please, don't end up falling for Hyunsang."

"I won't," you say, a little stunned. You didn't expect Jungwoo to talk to you about that. "You know I still love Seonghwa. Hell, even he knows that."

"Yeah, but you never know."

"Do you hate Hyunsang as well?" you question and he shakes his head. "Then why do you have an issue if I do fall for him?"

Jungwoo sighs. "Jena, he's a fuckboy. An actual, proper fuckboy and he admits it himself. And he's so proud of using girls like that. Do you seriously think I'd want you to date someone like him?"

"Well, I'm not interested in him anyway," you murmur. "Besides, you were kinda defending Seonghwa when you knew he was flirting with other girls."

"He was a total wreck after you dumped him though," Jungwoo states. "We're in the same class, so I've seen how dull he's been. He's even changing now for you, Jena."

"Don't you think Hyunsang can change as well?" you blurt out. Jungwoo was about to say something, but you cut him off. "I mean, there must be a reason why he fucks around."

"Even if he changes, I don't want you anywhere near him."

You roll your eyes. "Okay, dad."

~

"Hey, I'm so sorry about how Seonghwa acted yesterday," you say to Hyunsang.

He chuckles. "Why are you apologizing when it's not even your fault, darling?" You just shrug in response. "Forget about that, okay? Let's just start working on the seminar."

You spent the next three hours with Hyunsang, preparing everything for the seminar.

"What if the kids don't like our seminar and end up changing their major?" you suddenly blurt out, making Hyunsang's eyebrows furrow as he pondered about it.

"I . . . Well, yeah, that's a possibility," he says after a couple of seconds. "It's not our problem anyway."

"Hmm."

"By the way," he starts, "What made you major in business administration?"

"I'm from a business family," you state. "I'll be taking over my father's company."

He laughs. "Ah, taking over daddy's company! So typical."

"What about you? Why finance?"

"Same reason as you, except I'll be taking over my uncle's company. He doesn't have any children and I'm his favorite nephew."

"What do your parents work as?" you question.

"My mom just . . . I don't know what she does," he says with a bitter chuckle. "I don't have a dad anymore. He passed away two years ago."

"I'm so sorry," you whisper, pulling Hyunsang into a comforting hug. He melts into the hug, giving your neck a soft, unexpected kiss.

"Thank you . . ."

-

End of Chapter Ten.